This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after spill

Hello! I have an ASUS ZenBook 13 UX331FA. Two days ago I had a spill on the keyboard while the laptop was on and plugged into power. I cleaned it up as best as I could at the time and finished what I was working on. The next day the laptop would not power on when plugged in or unplugged. When I plug the charger into the laptop the light on the power button illuminates and the light on the side of the laptop with the battery symbol illuminates. They do not change if I press the power button or press and hold the power button for long lengths of time. I disassembled the laptop from the bottom and was able to disconnect the battery and plug it back in. I was then able to power on the laptop when plugged in and not plugged into power(under battery power). Great! Or so I thought. The same day when I tried to power the laptop on there was no response and it was back to the original state where when plugged in to power the power button light was illuminated and the side battery light was illuminated and no response from any command through buttons. I plugged my laptop in to an external monitor and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated! I spent $800 on this laptop last year when I purchased it new so I really don’t want to have to buy a new one. Thanks so much in advance!!!
-C

2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
clinton.hall89

Hello! I have an ASUS ZenBook 13 UX331FA. Two days ago I had a spill on the keyboard while the laptop was on and plugged into power. I cleaned it up as best as I could at the time and finished what I was working on. The next day the laptop would not power on when plugged in or unplugged. When I plug the charger into the laptop the light on the power button illuminates and the light on the side of the laptop with the battery symbol illuminates. They do not change if I press the power button or press and hold the power button for long lengths of time. I disassembled the laptop from the bottom and was able to disconnect the battery and plug it back in. I was then able to power on the laptop when plugged in and not plugged into power(under battery power). Great! Or so I thought. The same day when I tried to power the laptop on there was no response and it was back to the original state where when plugged in to power the power button light was illuminated and the side battery light was illuminated and no response from any command through buttons. I plugged my laptop in to an external monitor and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated! I spent $800 on this laptop last year when I purchased it new so I really don’t want to have to buy a new one. Thanks so much in advance!!!

-C

Issues after spill
There are liquid settled in keyboard circuit and the liquid reached to motherboard and battery connectors.

So your device must be optimised of open by technical person , he might the liquid by using special tool. .so take to nearest service center .

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Clinton,
Please kindly send your device to service center for detail examination.
Thank you.