This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ASUS ROG PHONE II has stopped working after 4 months use.

MazzzQatar
Star II
Hello there,
I used to be a huge fan of ROG phone 2 and this is what I get. It’s been a while that I started to report in the forum regarding the issue that I’m facing and I even tried other ways to get help but I couldn’t find any. Asus live chat support doesn’t work for people outside of U.S. ?? Why?? I regret buying this phone for real.

So let me brief what happened,
The phone was completely working fine for past 4months, recently the phone started crashing, not while I was playing games but when I was using the phone normally. I did create a post before this regarding that issue and I didn’t get any proper response from your side. I myself figured out that the phone was crashing down when it was not in X-Mode. So I started keeping the phone on X mode always. and it’s just been 3days since something worse started happening. I used to do live stream through ROG PHONE II. and for the past 3days my phone was crashing down every time I opened Omlet arcade to stream. I was thinking the issue was with Omlet arcade so I uninstalled the app. And played a few times it was all good for a day. Yesterday it happened to crash again. So I made a report here again. And someone asked me to either give my phone to the nearby asus service centre or do factory reset. Well I’m in the Middle East, and there’s no mobile dealership for Asus here so I did a factory reset hoping that it’ll fix the issue. But nope, and today the new android 10 update came for the phone so I updated the phone and was expecting everything to be fine. But instead the games started working so bad, framedrops and game freezing issues. I went a test live stream after that to see if I can try to show you how it breaks off.. I can share you the link here if that helps. The phone went off in between the live and until now it hasn’t come back on. I need help, I want to know how can I get this sorted out.
16 REPLIES 16

MazzzQatar
Star II
so far this is the only one I’ve found on Ali Express. Can someone tell me if this a Genuine one?
WE4E2I7V2RV4.png

MazzzQatar
Star II
MazzzQatar

so far this is the only one I’ve found on Ali Express. Can someone tell me if this a Genuine one?

WE4E2I7V2RV4.png

View post
I've received the battery I ordered online and replaced it, but the phone is still dead. And the local technician had a detail check on the phone and told me that the only possibility that remains is the HDD IC Failure. Tell me one good reason for what might have happened? The phone was working all normal and I used the phone very careful. This is something which I still can't believe, A brand new phone after 4 months of use, stops working due to HDD IC Failure. Since I haven't received any sensible replies from the HK branch of yours. Does anyone here mind helping me? I even lost the warranty of the phone since I tried to replace the battery locally, that too because they left me no other choice. The branch you directed me to contact gave me one choice, and that was to take the phone to HK by-hand, which was pretty much dumb thing I have heard in my whole life, come on? I can afford another ROG 2 phone and still have cash left with that expense. I feel humiliated in-front the people I know, because everyone did suggest me to buy an iPhone and I still chose to buy ROG 2 .