cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung and OnePlus fixing the tint

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
G9NXRT0RBOEL.jpg
Samsung and OnePlus have vowed to their users that they'll fix the tint with the next OTA update while OnePlus partially fixed with a minor update few days ago and they resolve it fully in the next update,Now what about the rog phone 2,the so called the beast never got an update to fix it
@Anders_ASUS @LP_ASUS @CH_ASUS
12 REPLIES 12

Aryan202
Community Legend I
deeppaul589

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/75910#Comment_75910

The issue is not resolved. It's hidden by using black ui elements. You will notice this when watching some movie at low brightness.

View post
Yes that's an amoled characteristic and there's no way around it
OnePlus did the same to 8pro
They changed UI elements from grey to pure black (to hide tint )
But it's still there even after their update which "supposedly" was pushed to fix it

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anjubunny123

ZO7EFJXWRTOW.jpeg

Have look at the change OnePlus brought with a partial fix and they'll fully fix it too as promised by pete lau.this is why people choose reliable brands like OnePlus and Samsung over Asus and ROG

View post
I've been on OnePlus groups tint is very much still there
They have tint,some border issue,touch scroll jitter, phantom touches and some models have burn in just 2-3 days of usage
Pretty shitty QC on 8 series if you ask me
+ OnePlus is far from reliable lol

mamayankag
Rising Star I
deeppaul589

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/75910#Comment_75910

The issue is not resolved. It's hidden by using black ui elements. You will notice this when watching some movie at low brightness.

View post
Please read what I wrote AGAIN. I never said the Issue has been fixed. I just said that the issue has been handled in a way and the red tint is barely noticeable.

OPC
Zen Master II
anjubunny123

ZO7EFJXWRTOW.jpeg

Have look at the change OnePlus brought with a partial fix and they'll fully fix it too as promised by pete lau.this is why people choose reliable brands like OnePlus and Samsung over Asus and ROG

Speaking of which,i am a fan of Rog,I used to love Rog and it's Beastly features,but with games lagging so much,black crush ,red tint made me lose interest.i find myself fine with tint but game lagging just made me regret Rog 2

View post
It's tweaked in the last Rog 2 update as well. I hardly see red tint now. Irrelevant for real life usage. Maybe it's just an UI colours tweak but it works to satisfying results.

julienvd93
Rising Star II
anjubunny123

ZO7EFJXWRTOW.jpeg

Speaking of which,i am a fan of Rog,I used to love Rog and it's Beastly features,but with games lagging so much,black crush ,red tint made me lose interest.i find myself fine with tint but game lagging just made me regret Rog 2

View post
So they turned green tint into red tint? Impressive..