File Manager Problem

Dzaky
Rising Star I
Model Name: Zenfone Live L2 (ZA550KL)
Firmware Version: WW_Phone-15.07.2003.51
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): File Manager
I'm a little confused with the file manager application, where it can extract RAR and ZIP archives but sometimes it can't be read. At first I thought it might be because there are restrictions on readability. but after I browse it can read up to 700MB more but sometimes there are archive files that can't be read. I want the updated application to be very helpful so that there is no need to download third-party applications just to open the archive file.

12 REPLIES 12

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Dzaky,
Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Could you tell us the file type that can be read? Could you show us a short video of the steps you performed?
Thank you.

Dzaky
Rising Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi Dzaky,

Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. Could you tell us the file type that can be read? Could you show us a short video of the steps you performed?

Thank you.

View post
I have 2 files of the same type, the ZIP file. both have different sizes, when I opened the first around 200MB. The contents cannot be displayed and read 0KB by the application. The other file reads the size of 700MB and is the same as ZIP format. This also applies to all files such as RAR. So in my opinion the File manager application has one bug that can only read ZIP and RAR Formats which have one setting. File size doesn't matter.

Dzaky
Rising Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi Dzaky,

Thank you.

View post
Here the video, note: all my file isn't corrupt, i can open using winrar.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Dzaky,
I have forwarded the issue to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.