cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5 Android 10 Bugs

Phoenixy
Star I
I'd like to report some bugs I found:
During calls, the other half can't hear me.
During Google Hangouts calls (other similar apps may also affected, like Messenger, Whatsapp) I can't hear the other half, only crazy sounds (not sure if the other half can hear me, probably not).
The default "Display size" is huge. When I set it to small in the Settings (Settings --> Display --> Display Size --> Small), it becomes much normal in terms of size, but it also creates another bug. On the home screen, one less row is available. I've attached an image, no icons can be placed on the bottom (Nothing can be placed under the "Dialer - Maps - Chrome row").
46 REPLIES 46

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi Phoenixy,
The space under the last row of the apps has been confirmed to be expected behavior of Android 10.
Thanks for your understanding.

Marky_Marky
Star I
Hi all!

So far, are those the only bugs that you found? I have the file downlaoded just last night, but I'm still half hearted with installing the update.

Marky_Marky
Star I
Marky.Marky

Hi all!

So far, are those the only bugs that you found? I have the file downlaoded just last night, but I'm still half hearted with installing the update.

View post
After I installed this update, I miss the old Android Pie UI right away. It's completely stock android and all the features of the previous version are GONE. I think even on the final release I won't be installing this anymore

henrique_ascens
Star II
I want ZenUi 6 with Android10 , like ZenFone5z have. This one is very bad. Better stay stuck in android9 with ZenUi5, than this "android 10" without ZenUi6. 😔

Marky_Marky
Star I
henrique.ascensao

I want ZenUi 6 with Android10 , like ZenFone5z have. This one is very bad. Better stay stuck in android9 with ZenUi5, than this "android 10" without ZenUi6. 😔

View post
I agree here are just some of the other bugs that I found while using the OS
• when in dark mode, part of the previous opened app shows in the black background
• speaker sounds like it's only coming from the earpiece when it comes to media files and calls (it's not as loud as before)
• network selection does not allow you to connect to other network stuck on automatic selection
• NO MORE AI FEATURES (Twin apps, page maker, mobile manager, power master, themes and other AI Features on ZenUI)
• Bad Camera on apps like Tiktok , Messemger etc (while using both back and front camera it is too laggy but camera app is good)
• Camera front and back has a lot of noise to it (under dark lighting) and capture of sound is very low (as if you are too far from the camera when holding it)
• Prompt for security features will mot go away in settings even thoigh I have already set up both Face recognition and Fingerprint unlock
• when connected to bluetooth devices, volume adjustment doesn't work, it must be adjusted from the bluetooth device
• display is too warm! It's yellowish (I miss the Splendid feature of ZenUI to adjust the display for my eye's comfort)
• Bubbles feature for messaging apps not working (like chathead feature of facebook messenger)
• wallpaper set from photos does not cover the whole screen there is a black space at the bottom of the screen