This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System UI freezing on daily basis

dvalko395_dv
Star II
My system freezes once per day every day. I can't do anything but restart the whole phone. I'm a proud owner of ZenFone MAX Pro (M1), 4GB RAM, 64GB internal space. I got it as a Christmas gift and turned it on the very first time on Dec 23rd 2018, so it's turned a year in my hands already.
I included a bug report from one of those freezes, when I somehow got over that huge system-wide freeze. Hopefully this will get a patch, or at least gets solved soon, it's quite annoying when you watch a video and all of a sudden, notification about taking a screenshot from over 8 hours ago appears on top of screen, letting you know the freeze has started.
13 REPLIES 13

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
dvalko395.dv

Okay, so I resetted my phone like 20 minutes ago, and got a system UI freeze again, this time with functional touch, so I could actually answer that dialogue window I got. So it seems like the latest update started being faulty, or it's related with phone age (which isn't very presumably). How to solve this? I'm not going to reset it once again, you can see the results already.

View post
No need to perform reset operation again. Are you on the latest .063 version?

dvalko395_dv
Star II
My comment can't appear for some reason. No, I'm not running the latest version, but version .061. Tried to look for system updates through settings, but couldn't find one.

dvalko395_dv
Star II
C53GU5DU3CDJ.jpeg
If that is what you meant, then no, I'm not running .063. I also tried to look for new system update, but couldn't find one.

dvalko395_dv
Star II
VAKD1OQ4MHIT.jpeg
Is the build number the answer? If yes, then no, I'm not running .063 version.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi dvalko395.dv,

Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Please try the latest firmware (WW-16.2017.2004.063) with manual update.
Manual Update Guide
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1009748/
ZB602KL Firmware Spot
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-Max-Pro-M1/HelpDesk_BIOS/

If the problem still appears, please provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. The frequency of system freezing per day
2. Please tell us whether this problem appears when using any apps or during any parts of the system.

Thank you.