Battery or AC: AC
Model: ZenBook Duo UX481FA.305
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi guys,
I tried to connect my Zenbook Duo with another display using an USB-C hub plugged into the USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port on the side. Unfortunately, it doesn't show me any additional display in the settings (I even tried another USB hub with the same result).
Can someone confirm that the USB port is actually capable of exporting a video signal?

Thank you in advance,
Jan
13 REPLIES 13

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Jan,
The USB ports on this model do not support display export.
Thank you.

nebenkonto
Star I
Thank you for your answer!

I have also been struggling, trying to connect my new UX481FL to an external monitor (HP Z27 27in.) via the laptop's USB-C 3.1 port and the monitor's USB-C DisplayPort. Spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Asus' tech. support and they went about "helping" me as if the laptop should / would be able to display through the monitor - but their efforts did nothing in the end.
Does anyone know if it is possible for Asus to provide this capability (displaying through USB-C port) via a software update, or similar? If not, I will be returning the laptop as being able to simply my external connections / cables is quite important to me.
Thanks in advance for anyone who may be able to help.
Wyatt

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Wyatt,
The USB ports on UX481 do not support display export as well.
ZenBook Duo UX481FL | Laptops | ASUS Globaland I'm sorry that this is related to hardware specification and can not be changed through any software.
Thank you.