cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog phone 2 USBC not working

hemanth_r1
Star II
Hi,
I am having problem with bottom USBC as the the charging is not detecting.. i tried all the ways,finally got a solution need to switch off the phone and connect/ plug in the charger and it works..i cant keep doing the same thing.please fix this issue asap.
Please revert me to mail ID. hemanth.r1@gmail.com
26 REPLIES 26

Anders_ASUS

ok... what about the side port? Do you need to power off for it to detect charging with that port too?

Are you using the bundled adapter and cable? You have the 18W charger right?

We could log your phone to see why it won't charge.

View post
parth.soni_2712

same issue with me also, from last 3 4 days i am not able to charge my ROG phone 2 with the bottom charging port , the charges completely normal from the side port ...

the usb port from bottom doesn't connect to the PC also..

View post
i tried to factory reset my phone but the problem is still there...
around 2 days ago i got one popup message on my phone saying " using the middle USB port as priority".
please help e out from this problem...

parth.soni_2712

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/40260#Comment_40260

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/75038#Comment_75038

i tried to factory reset my phone but the problem is still there...

around 2 days ago i got one popup message on my phone saying " using the middle USB port as priority".

please help e out from this problem...

View post
I want to add one more thing in that..
I think my phone behaves very abnormal after the last FOTA software update....
It drops FPS after last software update...
Before it was working definitely fine and perfect...
This charging issue for the bottom port is also occurred after the update . ..........................

OPC
Zen Master II
parth.soni_2712

same issue with me also, from last 3 4 days i am not able to charge my ROG phone 2 with the bottom charging port , the charges completely normal from the side port ...

the usb port from bottom doesn't connect to the PC also..

View post
I had issue connecting to pc (Mac) with side port and I have solved it by turning the face of the cable jack upside down. Plug it in, see if it works. If it doesn't, rotate the cable jack, plug it in again and see if it works. It did for me. Maybe it will for you as well.

wayne_hbw
Star II
I have gone through this... Save your questions and fix it asap. Just send it to the service center. Looks to me it's related to the software update but there's no way to fix it.
I had been troubleshooting it for months. Finally decided to sent in. Hope your service center has the parts as I had mine stayed in the service center for 1 and half month before it's fixed.
Now it's working good again..

Harveen
Star II
I am facing the same problem , the bottom USBC port stopped functioning .
Sometimes I get a message that the USB Charging port is too high temperature and please reachout to the service center. I also smelled a burning smell coming out of the bottom charging port.
The Side USBC is working as of now.
The Service center appears to be closed in My city , please help! My work is getting impacted due to this problem.
Regards,
Harveen