This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 restarts automatically when call ends (More than 20 mins)

Kashyap
Star III
Hello all,
I have been facing a weird issue with my Rog phone 2. It is only 2 months old. Not sure if anyone else has faced similar issue.
So when my phone is connected to bluetooth headphone and I make a call for more than 20 minutes, once the call is ended by the other party the phone shows the account balance as a Class 0 Flash SMS. The moment the flash sms comes in the phone restarts automatically. Issue happens every 2 out of 5 times. So not always but intermittent.
My phone is up to date and also I have performed a clean reset from he recovery mode. But issue still exist. I have not tried without the bluetooth headphone but have tried 2 different brands headphone and issue is same. Also I feel the issue will occur irrespective of headphone connected or not. I have managed to make a video of the issue as well in case #Asus developers team wants to help.
Build: WW_16.0631.1910.44_0
38 REPLIES 38

Kashyap
Star III
Anders_ASUS

Thanks to all of you, we have finally identified the issue. I don't know when there will be a fix but the short term solution is to make sure you have set the Ringtone & Notifications volume to 3 out of 7. We're sorry about the inconvenience but with this solution you will at least be able to use your BT headset

View post
I have tried the workaround and it works fine when the volume is kept at 3 out of 7. However, it is close to impossible to hear the tone outdoor if any call or message comes. Hopefully we will get the fix in the next update.
Also just wanted to let everyone know that since the local support team could not figure out the issue or fix, on my request they replaced my unit with a brand new one (As few users reported not facing the issue including the "Regional Support Lead of Asus india" with same setup). But even on the new phone I have the exact issue. At least this one restarts unlike the old one after service center visit just shuts down. So for now I am using the Microsoft SMS organizer and stopped the carrier balance notification which making the phone usable at the moment.

Kashyap
Star III
BlazeOP

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36662#Comment_36662

Ask for refund if they can't give a solution.

View post
I have been given a brand new replacement unit which is manufactured in Dec/2019 (Previous one was Sep/2019). But it has the exact same issue. For now hoping for Asus to release a fix in the next update.

Anders_ASUS

Sorry about the late reply. I'm on Christmas holiday so my reply time is a lot slower than usual. I just forwarded your log and hope that they will find the cause. We have a similar issue with ZenFone 6. They might be connected. Maybe this happens with specific regions and carriers in India. We're still collecting info to find the root cause and when we have, we will fix it. Don't worry.

View post
Kashyap

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36387#Comment_36387

Thank you @Anders_ASUS for the assurance. If the local support team (Contact center and Service center) would have given similar assurance or shown accountability then I might have not felt the way I do now. But I am looking forward for you guys to come up with a solution at the earliest.

After some more investigation this is what I have found which might help-

1. Phone has to be in Loud mode. If in vibrate or silent then no issues.

2. Bluetooth needs to be connected to bluetooth headset. If used phone earpiece or speaker then no problem. I have used 3 different brands headset just to make sure that its not the headset. 

3. Phone screen should be locked and the other party needs to hang up the call and not me.

4. The balance message normally comes instantly after hanging up the call and that's when it happens, if there is a delay in the message coming in due to network issues or outage then no problem. But more than 90% of the time it comes instantly anyways.

5. I have used 2 other SIM cards of the same provider (Reliance Jio India) from my colleagues and the issue remains. 

I have tried to recreate the issue with other carrier but their messages do not cause the issue. What i have noticed is that Reliance Jio India sends the message as a "Class 0 Message" but the other carrier messages do not come the same way. Just so you know Reliance Jio is the fourth largest carrier in the world with over 355.17 million subscribers in India (Source) . So you can imagine the amount of people might be affected by this issue.

View post
I too facing the same issue with my Asus Rog Phone 2, I have reached to Asus authorised service centre. They replaced the motherboard. But still the issue is not fixed. Yesterday I was using the mobile normally , It went to reboot. Not sure what's the problem with the device.
Really it is annoying 😡 to use this mobile.
I'm feeling regret about this device.
Asus claims that ROG Phone 2 is a Premium Device but it is not upto the mark. One Plus is doing good in the same price range.
I still have a hope on the Asus, it has a good reputation in the market.
If you fix this issue it would be a good turning point to your brand.
I'm eagerly waiting for your reply and fixes of this issue.

Kashyap
Star III
venumadhavphysics

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36387#Comment_36387

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/36467#Comment_36467

I too facing the same issue with my Asus Rog Phone 2, I have reached to Asus authorised service centre. They replaced the motherboard. But still the issue is not fixed. Yesterday I was using the mobile normally , It went to reboot. Not sure what's the problem with the device.

Really it is annoying 😡 to use this mobile.

I'm feeling regret about this device.

Asus claims that ROG Phone 2 is a Premium Device but it is not upto the mark. One Plus is doing good in the same price range.

I still have a hope on the Asus, it has a good reputation in the market.

If you fix this issue it would be a good turning point to your brand.

I'm eagerly waiting for your reply and fixes of this issue.

View post
As a work around you can disable the default SMS app and download Microsoft SMS organizer from the Playstore. Using MS SMS organizer you can disable Push Notifications under settings which will stop the Carrier balance to show after every call. This way the phone wont turn off or restart. So far this is what I have done and the phone has no issues.
I am still on Android 9 and have not upgraded to Android 10. I am not sure if the issue exist with 10. Hopefully Asus has fixed it in A10.