cjbrnb
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5
Firmware Version: Version V17.0615.2003.20
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

So far, these are the bugs I've encountered using Android 10 Beta on Zenfone 5.

During the Calls both Messenger and Phone Calls, no one heard me talking when I was using Mic on Earphone (Only).
Selfie Camera is a bit Laggy, especially when 'Selfie Mirror' is enabled.
Also, Selfie Camera is a bit blurry and the quality is not good. (The front camera focuses more on the background and not on the subject).
Missing Important features from Android Pie like the Audio Wizard, Mobile Manager, AI Features, Twin App and etc.
I'm not sure if the Battery is draining out so fast? Or there is a problem with managing the Power Consumption of Apps on Android 10 Beta.
Too much Vibration or Haptic Feedback, I didn't know how to adjust it, unlocking the phone using Fingerprint and getting a notification.
Speaker Sound is weak.
Except for the ones I mentioned above.
I haven't experienced any other bugs yet.
And just a little comment, the Beta Version of Android 10 is way more smoother compare to Android Pie.
But, I do miss the Android Pie Features.
15 REPLIES 15

jerrymonkeyinc
Rising Star II
cjbrnb

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5
  2. Firmware Version: Version V17.0615.2003.20
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

So far, these are the bugs I've encountered using Android 10 Beta on Zenfone 5.

1. During the Calls both Messenger and Phone Calls, no one heard me talking when I was using Mic on Earphone (Only).
  2. Selfie Camera is a bit Laggy, especially when 'Selfie Mirror' is enabled.
  3. Also, Selfie Camera is a bit blurry and the quality is not good. (The front camera focuses more on the background and not on the subject).
  4. Missing Important features from Android Pie like the Audio Wizard, Mobile Manager, AI Features, Twin App and etc.
  5. I'm not sure if the Battery is draining out so fast? Or there is a problem with managing the Power Consumption of Apps on Android 10 Beta.
  6. Too much Vibration or Haptic Feedback, I didn't know how to adjust it, unlocking the phone using Fingerprint and getting a notification.
  7. Speaker Sound is weak.

Except for the ones I mentioned above.

I haven't experienced any other bugs yet.

And just a little comment, the Beta Version of Android 10 is way more smoother compare to Android Pie.

But, I do miss the Android Pie Features.

Zenfone 5 Android 10 Beta Bugs (So Far)
Please go to Google assistant settings and go to "Assistant" -> "Phone" and turn off "Hey Google" under "Voice Match"
The new Camera app sucks, try third party solutions
Really sucks
Well, yeah. I don't expect ASUS to release an official version with ZenUI, and having it just makes the phone laggier. They probably won't release one, and I am not looking forward for one.
It is draining faster, not terribly. Consider the smoothness of the animations and transitions, I can understand it.
Btw, if you enable double tap to wake screen, you can get an even more intense vibrations. The vibrations are way too strong for sure.
The "Loud speaker" is quiet and the sound quality sucks. That is what happens when it is an AOSP ROM and so no device specific tweaks and features.
There is actually more bugs to fix:
Device screen keeps lighting up when downloading a file. If you lock your phone it just keeps lighting up, and then timeout, and then light up... Turn off "New notifications" in Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Lock screen display
NFC can not emit any information (Can read NFC tags but can not do mobile payments etc.)
Very sharp corners for UI elements. Should be nice and round.
Charging speed is slower
Sometimes no notification LED
ASUS modified the WiFi and signal status bar icons to include network activity indicators, and the size and margin is off.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi cjbrnb,
Please check if you've enabled "OK Google". If yes, please try disabling it and check if the problem still appears.
Could you show us a short video of how laggy it is?
Please show us an original photo and a screenshot of the camera settings.
Is the battery draining in sleep mode or in use?
We've checked with relevant teams about the vibration design.
Do you mean the speaker sound quality is not as expected? What app are you using and what kind of sound is played? Please tell us the app version and volume level.
Thank you 🙂

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi jerrymonkeyinc,
Could you tell us where you downloaded the file and the steps that show this problem?
NFC problem is under investigation. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
It's been confirmed by relevant teams that this is expected design of the UI.
Could you tell us how long it takes to charge from a certain % to another certain %? Are you using the original charger?
Which app does this appear on? What kind of notifications?
It's been confirmed by relevant teams that this is expected design of the UI.
Thank you 🙂

ZT-5432af1e
Star I
Áudio está muito baixo,
A qualidade do som está muito ruim em comparação ao Android Pie.