Ronnyy
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Trackpad is lagging
Model: Asus Tuf FX505DT
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: Yes

Hi I recently bought Asus Tuf FX505DT Ryzen 5/Gtx 1650 variant laptop is amazing screen,keyboard,performance everything is pretty great but the trackpad is terrible i have lag random click when lag and skipping once every 15 mins or so for 3-5sec and then its back to normal. I updated windows, downloaded all drivers from support page and updated them even tried generic drivers for trackpard reset windows multiple times still nothing not able to solve this isssue i can still return the laptop till 7th dec. so my last option is to ask on this fourm if there is any fix for trackpad issue. please help if you know anything i really like this laptop but my use case need a decent working trackpad. i'll try to make a video of the issue and upload it. Thank is advance
24 REPLIES 24

I had similar issues and found that updating to latest BIOS v310 seems to cure it. This can be downloaded from Asus support.

souradeepde378
Star II
I have FX505GT with similar issues. The latest BIOS available is v305. But that doesn't seem to fix the issue. I have updated all the drivers too.

souradeepde378
Star II
ishwarpatel100

I had similar issues and found that updating to latest BIOS v310 seems to cure it. This can be downloaded from Asus support.

View post
Did updating to BIOS v310 cure it fully?

souradeepde378

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/74938#Comment_74938

Did updating to BIOS v310 cure it fully?

View post
Updating the BIOS seems to have improved the touchpad and the lag and unresponsive has reduced greatly. It does very occasionally lag slightly but seems to be acceptable now. It's definitely a lot better now. By the way I'm not a gamer and I don't have any demanding games or software on it.

souradeepde378
Star II
Many forums say about touchpad grounding issues. Is it like that here too? Any moderator could help us with that.