Icon Shape change in Zenfone 5Z Android 10

dcpande04
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 5Z Z01RD
Firmware Version: WW_user_100.10.107.70_20200320
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Every Time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
When Android10 was newly pushed to Zenfone 5z there was an option to change icon shapes in developer’s options. I changed the icon shape to squircle. It changed icon shapes in notification center and apps tray, but it wouldn’t change it for ‘apps folders’ in apps tray (Can be seen in screenshot).
Now Asus has removed that option from developers options and I am stuck with this few circle-few squircle icons. How to restore all to circle? Or how to change everything to squircle?
PS: Asus pushed android 10 to Max M2 few days ago. It doesn’t have this problem. All icons change to squircle without any issue in Max M2.
Picture 1: Squircle Notification Centre Icons
Picture 2: Squircle Icons and Circle Apps Folders
Picture 3: Circle icons in settings app
I5FQ9LZNF0K1.jpg
B43CEPUHMFOQ.jpg
TJPWC24K3IT9.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
dcpande04
  1. Model Name: Zenfone 5Z Z01RD
  2. Firmware Version: WW_user_100.10.107.70_20200320
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every Time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

When Android10 was newly pushed to Zenfone 5z there was an option to change icon shapes in developer’s options. I changed the icon shape to squircle. It changed icon shapes in notification center and apps tray, but it wouldn’t change it for ‘apps folders’ in apps tray (Can be seen in screenshot).

Now Asus has removed that option from developers options and I am stuck with this few circle-few squircle icons. How to restore all to circle? Or how to change everything to squircle?

PS: Asus pushed android 10 to Max M2 few days ago. It doesn’t have this problem. All icons change to squircle without any issue in Max M2.

Picture 1: Squircle Notification Centre Icons

Picture 2: Squircle Icons and Circle Apps Folders

Picture 3: Circle icons in settings app

I5FQ9LZNF0K1.jpg

B43CEPUHMFOQ.jpg

TJPWC24K3IT9.jpg

Icon Shape change in Zenfone 5Z Android 10
It is just like that for me too. It is not stuck. It is the basic design by android 10.It is supposed to be like that. You are not stuck with them. Everyone is having these type of icons only(atleast me) like the notification tray, apps icons, settings icons. They are supposed be like that.
Peace.

dcpande04
Star II
Hello. No its not android 10 design. As mentioned above The android 10 beta that is released to Zenfone max m2 has icons shape change option in developers options. It changes all icons shapes, including Notification Centre, Apps tray including app folders and icons in settings app!! it changes all!! and before I changed icon shapes to squircle in my Zenfone 5z everything was circular in android 10!! I cant go back there as icon shape change option is no more there in developers options.

sidarya31
Rising Star II
It won't work anymore, because developer r working in to remove this option. As this feature always creates chaos.

dcpande04
Star II
Will factory rest help turn everything circle?