System: Windows 10 home
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus Zenbook-14-UX434FL
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Not needed
Screenshot or video: Will send if needed
========================
Detailed description:
From the very first day of this notebook, I have observed some keyboard key marks on my screen. I clear them with a microfiber cloth but they reappear in 2-3 days. They are only visible through some specific angles. I am concerned about the display. I guess my keyboard touches with the screen in laptop closed condition. If this continues, it is surely gonna affect my display. I have other 2 laptops from other brands. I never faced a problem like this since in these 12 years. This is a query for the ASUS customer support. But, I would also like to know if someone else is also facing the same problem.
5 REPLIES 5

rodrigo_perez
Star I
This does occur occasionally as there is little to no clearance between the screen and keyboard when closed. That being said, are you simply closing the lid and leaving the laptop on a desk or table or are you placing it inside a laptop bag where it might get squeezed a bit?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello asgautam35,
Would you mind to share a picture of the issue?
Thank you.

ZT-4fa435f4
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello asgautam35,

Would you mind to share a picture of the issue?

Thank you.

View post
The imprints are just the outlines of square keys on the keyboard and that too only in the left part of the screen. And these imprints appear only on black screens( like in off condition). The screen being gloss finish and highly reflective is not ready for giving me a pic. I hope you understand.

ZT-4fa435f4
Star I
rodrigo.perez

This does occur occasionally as there is little to no clearance between the screen and keyboard when closed. That being said, are you simply closing the lid and leaving the laptop on a desk or table or are you placing it inside a laptop bag where it might get squeezed a bit?

View post
Sometimes I keep it in my bag but that should also not cause the marks as notebooks are made for that. Most of the people buy notebooks (aka. ultrabooks) for the sake of commuting with it! The marks appear only in the left part of the screen for some unknown reasons.