Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model: X512DA
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I bought a brand new Vivobook 15 without an OS on it, but when I tried to install it like I do with any other computer i had so far I ran into a problem, the boot menu is empty, there no SSD, ther is no USB, secure boot is disabled, there is CSM option in Boot menu, I have no idea how to fix this. Bios version is 310.n:
4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
go to other computer

solution is simple , download the windows 10 1909 64bit iso
insert USB 16gvb pendrive
download RUFUS v3.9 software , run it as admin
choose the iso file , choose partition style as GPT , choose target system as UEFI ( non csm)
keep as settings as default .
click to start , wait for 15 minutes to complete . click close once complete .
insert the usb bootable pendrive to new laptop, go to bios , disable SECUREBOOT , ,enable usb controller in advanced menu , some where is there , save and exit .
press boot menu , choose uefi usb pendrive , click to proceed .

Dukisef
Star I
Thank you, that did the trick, was it due to the windows version?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Dukisef

Thank you, that did the trick, was it due to the windows version?

View post
Because windows 10 has UEFI support , so we must do this trick for those dont have CSM option in bios.
Did you installed windows 10 successfully ?

hozerdude
Star II
Dukisef
  1. System:
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: X512DA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I bought a brand new Vivobook 15 without an OS on it, but when I tried to install it like I do with any other computer i had so far I ran into a problem, the boot menu is empty, there no SSD, ther is no USB, secure boot is disabled, there is CSM option in Boot menu, I have no idea how to fix this. Bios version is 310.n:

Vivobook 15 bios help
Hi I had the same problem with my Asus Vivobook X512DA. I updated the bios to version still the same problem. This is what I did to install Windows 10 Pro on my Vivobook 15.
The following was made on my desktop:
I created a ISO of Windows 10 Pro on my desktop.
I then used RUFUS ( it's free ) to create a USB Install disk of WIndows 10 Pro.
Then I installed my Windows 10 USB stick. I just made on my Asus Vivobook 15. The BIOS saw my USB stick. Then I went into the bios and selected the USB stick that Windows 10 PRO on it.
Then installed my Windows 10 Pro and worked great! 😉
I made my boot disk for my backups on my desktop. I use AOMEI Backerupper to make my boot disk and my backups. Works great! on my Asus Vivobook 15 ( X512DA )
Asus has got to fix this issue period!
Hope That Helps!!