This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestions for child or guest use mode.

bernard_enjob
Star I
hopefully next update will have some sort of a child friendly mode or an account beside the main account such as guest mode/account where main account/user can edit and installs preferred apps for their children's with just a switch from main account to guest account/user via different password.
its difficult to hide and lock an apps everytime when children want to use the phone.
thank you
5 REPLIES 5

dpstar7582
Rising Star II
bernard.enjob

hopefully next update will have some sort of a child friendly mode or an account beside the main account such as guest mode/account where main account/user can edit and installs preferred apps for their children's with just a switch from main account to guest account/user via different password.

its difficult to hide and lock an apps everytime when children want to use the phone.

thank you

suggestions for child or guest use mode.
It had in zenui 5 and it was useful but they considered as an bloat and removed it in zenui 6. ?

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Noted on the suggestion. I can see the use case for having a child using the phone.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
A short term solution could be to use Screen pinning. This will allow you to lock access to everything on the phone except the app which is pinned.
To use this feature, you need to go to settings -> Security & lock screen -> Screen pinning -> Enable and make sure pin code is also enabled.
After this in order to pin a device, you need to go to the overview mode and now you will see a little pin on supported apps.
4OYOQ0GPZ6U6.jpg
Users that do not have your pin, will not be able to leave this app.

ZT-55aa9d7e
Star I
How can I make a shortcut (icon ) on the home screen for Child mode?