This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PSA] Take caution - Tencent-branded Chinese models with "Global/International ROM"

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi all

We have come to notice there are resellers selling the so-called "Tencent ROG Phone II"-models for the Chinese market with "International ROM".

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

Please also take careful note that updates/FOTA functionality will be disabled since the ROM and the models dont match, some resellers note this in the fine-print.. some may not..

Extra info:
If you are seeing anything about a "Global ROM version" or "Tencent with Global/WW ROM" it would be a clear giveaway.
159 REPLIES 159

211288vic
Star II
Thanks for sharing

ZT-a50154b5
Star I
I have tencent Asus rog 2 but no update . Tell me where I can download and update my phone?

wellicmmt
Star I
jetjosh92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37490#Comment_37490

Hey man, the problem is this wasn't Asus's fault because it was made known to people that the tencent edition is made only for China.

Unfortunately you have unethical sellers who probably run their business at home or at a small street shop with only a laptop. Anyone can open up the original packaging, tinker around with the phone put the phone back in the box and reseal it and sell it online again....and just put up false advertisement.

I am from Singapore and I almost fell victim to this so called scam...but I decided to wait for the official one even though I saw so many people on youtube reviewing the phone already...It was a long wait but it was worth it.

Lesson to learn from all this is, wait patiently and if the price is too good to be true! don't buy it!

View post
Vc claramente é pago pela azus para ficar defendendo em todos seus comentários. A empresa não é inocente, nenhum aparelho foi fabricado na rua, os clientes que acreditaram nas marca merecem respeito e uma solução

kwtee02
Star I
Could I have my serial number checked to see if I got the original version?

amitpaul1994
Star III
jetjosh92

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/37346#Comment_37346

Yea but it wasn't sold by Asus but by zbfatima...and it also states no warranty...

View post
bro change it to WW from CN .... updates works fine after that...... but do it at your risk.... process is easy but one step miss and mobile will be brick..... follow xda forum.