Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX581GV Enable action menu isssue

bilal05
Star II
Hi,
I have Zenbook Pro Duo with screepad plus. it has
88JF1A6E27EL.png
action menu option which is enabled however it does not work. i have contacted Asus and they have asked me to install SCreenXpert app, which did not make any difference. i have attached screenshot. if anybody could help to get that setting back. it use to work before not anymore.

28 REPLIES 28

bilal05
Star II
Hi its not letting me upload video here. you can open a window that you would like to expand to both screens. resize it from the bottom and take it all the way to the bottom screen. this way you can use both screens at the same time for one application. it weren't letting me do this couple of days ago. Asus asked me to install couple of drivers or i might have changed some settings(i was playing around a lot in last few days) but it letting to resize the window to the bottom screen now.

AD09
Star III
resizing works but that makes the task alot more longer, i'd say just dragging to the action menu is instant but resizing the window takes like ten or even more times longer. Someone help with this please, we have bought such an expensive laptop from your company you shall assist us, as it is only a software issue and could be solved online.

bilal05
Star II
i agree, well i have been in contact with Asus over a week and they made me do many things to resolve it but it nothing resolved it.
i bought it overseas and everything is closed due to corona virus, otherwise i would have taken it to Asus and hand it over to fix it

AD09
Star III
agreed, also it's some software problem i'm pretty certain about that b/c i'd say that sometimes it happens without even me doing it on purpose, so if i drag my window a bit aside, sometimes my window shifts on the screenpad on its own, say that the Action Menu may still be there but it might just not be visible, i know this sounds a bit unusual but that's how it is. i never thought i'd face such minor problems like these.
Also, i tried contacting them through mail and complaint center, some of the troubleshooting you had sent me did not help at all, plus i can not afford to loose my installed programs, if i give it to the service they will definitely factory reset it, i can do that at home, but i do not want to.
someone kindly look into this, thank you.

rodrigo_perez
Star I
You’ve probably done this already, but just in case you haven’t it’s probably worth a try to go through the recommended troubleshooting. Here is the URL in text as I cannot post links yet:
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041420