cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB C - DESK HUB - CHARGE THROUGH COMPATIBLE

AS87
Star I
Hi everybody,
I have an Asus Zenbook 3. I'm writing here just to try to find a solution to my problem.
I need to find an USB C HUB desk which supports the recharge of my notebook through it.
I need it because when i'm working on my desk at home i need to connect a second screen (with HDMI), have some USB ports for USB keys, SD cards, and if possible also an Ethernet cable to use internet as fast as possible. But the point is: while i'm working, i can not disconnect the hub to connect the battery charger loosing all the other devices connections.
I started to use the Asus original 3 ports little desk hub (supplied together the zenbook3) but after time the hub usb c port stopped to work. i think it has been damaged using it for the charge through.
I bought another hub, different brand, but after a few days, i had the same problem.
any suggestions?
THANKS IN ADVANCE
8 REPLIES 8

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello AS87,
Which brand and the model is the hub ?
Please kindly double check if your BIOS is up to date as well.
I will ask our technical support for more detail on this issue.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello AS87,
Another thing, may I know how do you usually plug an unplug the hub?
for example, how many ports are used at the same time?
and before you unplug the hub form the notebook, do you disconnect other things first?
and then when you plug in the hub back to the notebook, are the Ethernet, HDMI and so on all connected on the hub?
Thank you.

AS87
Star I
Hello Blake_ASUS,
the desk HUB brand and model is: UNI (USB-C 8 in 1 Hub)
answer to your your questions:
1- normally i need to use USB-C port; HDMI port; ethernet port; and 1 or 2 USB port
2- normally i switch off all the devices connected like monitor, printer, or eject the USB pen using first the command bar. I disconnect the charger from the hub and them i disconnect the hub.
3- the ethernet cable is still connected the most part of times; the HDMI is connected but the monitor is switched off, and also the printer.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello AS87,
Thank you for coming back to us.
We were assuming that the hub is broken/worn out after a while of using because the ESD protection of the HUB is not enough
for all these cables.
Our technical support suggested that if you would like to connect a lot of cable on the hub,
every time you connect and disconnect the hub from laptop, unplug all the others (Ethernet, HDMI...)
Thank you.