This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 no longer charges at all

Last night my ROG Phone 2 (latest update) was acting strangely and having ghost touches, such as clicking on random links while scrolling websites. This morning, since the battery was low, I plugged in the charger and the charging light did not turn on. I tried a different charger, same thing. Tried a different outlet, still no luck.
So now the battery is at 0 and the phone will not recharge.
Is a warranty repair my only option at this point? I can't even do a factory reset since the battery's dead. I tried the side port too, no luck there either.

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

PhantomMenice
Star I
Hi,
As of today my primary charging port is not working. But the side port is working. The most surprising thing is that it has not been 6 months after my purchase of the ROG II.

It makes me real dad that neither the phone is performing to optimum level in respect to the game and now the charging issue. Due to COVID the whole nation is under lockdown and it any more issues arrise then what are we supposed to do.
The phone already had heating issues. Games not functioning properly. Specially Call of Duty. The blackout issue is still not gone after the last update.
Really disappointed. 😟

solanki_krunal7
Star III
Hi @LP_ASUS ,

I would like to draw your attention to same problem. I m facing same issue and I have never used another charger or cable. I have tried both slots and charging without using the phone is too too slow, like hell. I am attaching a screenshot for your reference.
COK2CGZ6ZM0Q.jpg
Above pic is charging from downside port. It is showing around 7 hrs for phone to be fully charged.

9XCFJKCTXXP3.jpg

This second pic is for charging from side port, black one, not orange one. Here it also shows same around 7 hrs to be fully charged. In both case I m not finding ++ sign while charging which shows fast charge I Guess. I am having latest update on my Phone.
Is this software or hardware issue?
Requesting you to help on the same ASAP.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
solanki.krunal7

Hi @LP_ASUS ,

I would like to draw your attention to same problem. I m facing same issue and I have never used another charger or cable. I have tried both slots and charging without using the phone is too too slow, like hell. I am attaching a screenshot for your reference.

COK2CGZ6ZM0Q.jpg

Above pic is charging from downside port. It is showing around 7 hrs for phone to be fully charged.

9XCFJKCTXXP3.jpg

This second pic is for charging from side port, black one, not orange one. Here it also shows same around 7 hrs to be fully charged. In both case I m not finding ++ sign while charging which shows fast charge I Guess. I am having latest update on my Phone.

View post
How often does this happen? (Rarely, Occasionally, Sometimes, Often, Always)?
The USB type C plug on the cable has two sides. Have you checked if both sides show the same issue?
Do you have a 18W or 30W adapter?
This could also be temperature related. When the phone sees that it is near 50C, it will slow down charging to protect the hardware. This could be due to the ambient temperature or perhaps an app is working in the background. Please measure the temperature multiple times during charging, and also record the ambient temperature at that time. If you think it is due to an app, then kill all apps temporarily by going to system settings -> Battery -> PowerMaster -> Auto-start Manager -> uncheck all downloaded apps. After this go to system settings -> Advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Memory Cleaner -> Set up Super clean mode -> enable -> go to recent apps overview -> Clear all.
If you have battery care active, please turn it off. If it is already off, go to PowerMaster App Info and clear storage to reset the app.
Try testing with another cable and charger if you can. Please report your results when you have tried all of these steps.

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
solanki.krunal7

Hi @LP_ASUS ,

COK2CGZ6ZM0Q.jpg

9XCFJKCTXXP3.jpg

View post
You should also try different switches , sometimes the port is not able to provide as much energy as required , just a suggestion might help you .

Harveen
Star II
I have the exact similar problem the Bottom Charging port stopped functioning , I get a error message that the temperature at the Bottom charging port is too high . Side Charging port works , however the warning message still appears intermittently and I am not using my phone meanwhile to be safe . More details can be checked by clicking on my profile name.
charging port issues is apparently a known issue with Rog phone 2 , however Asus is adamant in accepting it !
Regards,
Harveen