cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Screen On isn't working

taufiq_sabirin
Star III
Hi @Anders_ASUS
I would like to ask about the feature of smart screen on.
I read lots of novel and manga mostly on the bed (laying down/sleeping position) while the smart screen on is extending the screen on time while I am looking at the screen and holding the device upright.
Actually, the screen on time never extended so I have to regularly touch the screen if the screen flickered down for a sign of going to sleep.
How does the smart screen on work anyway? Do s it using the front camera or proximity or anything else? And would you like to explain to us mkre about the upright position definition?

Btw, thanks to the team for the good job of bringing the 2nd batch of A10 update!

WMYBMQC2G699.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

pratiksonihbk
Star III
taufiq.sabirin

Hi @Anders_ASUS

I would like to ask about the feature of smart screen on.

I read lots of novel and manga mostly on the bed (laying down/sleeping position) while the smart screen on is extending the screen on time while I am looking at the screen and holding the device upright.

Actually, the screen on time never extended so I have to regularly touch the screen if the screen flickered down for a sign of going to sleep.

How does the smart screen on work anyway? Do s it using the front camera or proximity or anything else? And would you like to explain to us mkre about the upright position definition?

Btw, thanks to the team for the good job of bringing the 2nd batch of A10 update!

WMYBMQC2G699.jpg

Smart Screen On isn't working
Worked on a9.... But i m also feeling it stopped working on a10

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
When I try my ROG Phone II with smart screen enabled, it's working. Could it be that maybe you have your phone in an angle where the camera can't see your face? Try disable it and re-enable.
If you can't get it working, then we need to log your device to find out why.

taufiq_sabirin
Star III
Anders_ASUS

When I try my ROG Phone II with smart screen enabled, it's working. Could it be that maybe you have your phone in an angle where the camera can't see your face? Try disable it and re-enable.

If you can't get it working, then we need to log your device to find out why.

View post
Perhaps it won't work effectively if you are using spectacles?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
taufiq.sabirin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/74233#Comment_74233

Perhaps it won't work effectively if you are using spectacles?

View post
I'm wearing big shiny spectacles as you can see in my avatar so this is not why 😉