This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very annoying vibration issue

il_Santo
Star III
On my Max Pro (M2) while I am calling the phone vibrates very annoyingly. I found that from calling screen, the phone often turns to battery option screen. Unwillingly I set some option with my face. If I press on/off button before closing the phone to my ear the problem reduces a lot: still vibrates, but doesn't switch to battery option screen. I have. 73 build.
22 REPLIES 22

nikhilsj33
Star II
Sanju

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/72415#Comment_72415

Forget about Microsoft launcher, I have the the stock launcher only but it still vibrates during a call if holding at ear. If double tap to wake gesture is to blame for this issue and if the fix for this annoying issue is to turn off the "double tap to wake" option, then that would be a big excuse only. Why should I disable a feature to fix another issue?? Is this a phone or what? Like in the summer, everyday if you put your phone on Charging during day time and the phone temperature during charging goes beyond 43°C, the charging gets stuck at 69%/72%/74% and charging light starts toggling green and red, and the only fix for that annoying issue is to charge the phone by switching it off..!! No real fixes, just some home made remedies..!! Funny but this phone is really an absolute pain man..!!

View post
It's only a temporary solution. That's what I'm doing right now. I wish I've never updated to 0.73. I was on Oreo over a year! Still regretting:(

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
nikhilsj33

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/72420#Comment_72420

It's only a temporary solution. That's what I'm doing right now. I wish I've never updated to 0.73. I was on Oreo over a year! Still regretting:(

View post
Yes, the Pie Upgrade seriously ruined the experience with this phone and numerous bugs keep coming on a continuous note and many of them Asus couldn't be able to adress properly.

il_Santo
Star III
nikhilsj33

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/72044#Comment_72044

Can you disable double tap option from Microsoft launcher too and check if it's happening again?

View post
I disabled both and made little tests. For now the issue hasn't presented again, though tests were not thorough.
But if this is the solution... well men, on my ZenFone 2 (ml551) never had this trouble and was one of my favourite feature.
Come on, devise a solution please :it's just absurd to have trouble with newer phones and not having with old ones. ZenFone 2 is on Android 6! Do you remeber?

il_Santo
Star III
After more testing, I found Microsoft launcher doesn't interfere with my issue. The troublesome option is only the double tap built in the firmware

nikhilsj33
Star II
il Santo

After more testing, I found Microsoft launcher doesn't interfere with my issue. The troublesome option is only the double tap built in the firmware

View post
The only way to avoid is to disable ' double tap to wake'. I've disabled that since Oreo update.