This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 (12/512) Freezes and Auto Restart Problem

Jerel
Star I
Help... ..,my phone suddenly freezes from time to time especially while playing. (less than 2 hours of playing)
Back, home and recent buttons doesn't work and then auto restarts after 1 min of hung time.
Settings are mostly default (60 hz refresh rate, X-mode off, system lighting off) but still builds up heat fast even after only 1 game of asphalt.
Thinking of going to Factory Reset the phone or try to actually ask the ROG concept store to replace the unit of the problem still exist.
113 REPLIES 113

Hello Ander. Can you also send me the log tool? I am also facing the same issue for several months. I cannot use my gaming phone to play games since it always crashes.

vishalpoorvi
Star II
mayankbajpai90

I am also having similar auto restart and switch off problem. When I put my phone on charging it switches off and charges slowly.

While gaming the screen freezes and I have to restart the game couple of times and it still keeps on freezing.

All of this strted when I updated the phone to android 10 beta version.

Please asus get a fix for this as I cannot even send my phone for a fix because of the COVID-19 lockdown

View post
Facing the same problem. Got any temporary fix? Please do share

Ramz2000
Star I
I'm experiencing the same issue. It mainly happens overnight. I wake up and the ROG phone II is completely turned off I assume. Sometimes I can still see a notification light flashing and that's it. I have to hold my power button and volume down button for around 10 seconds to start the phone up again. And just now this morning it happened 3 times in a row. What do you guys think I can do? Also Ander could I also have that log tool as well please? Thanks

deeppaul589
Zen Master I
I've also noticed this happen a few times.

anirudh151
Rising Star I
Started facing the same issue.. suddenly the phone freezes, immediately it reboots.. when just browsing on the phone.. but whenever it happened, I tried pulling the notification tray..
Thinking it was a update issue, I reset the phone, but I have this issue even now..