This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sliding two fingers on the screen causes jitter.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Rooted: No
APP Name: All applications that require two simultaneous touches to control.
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Tested on several.
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time the user uses two fingers on the screen.

Hello, folks. I bought my Zenfone 5Z (4GB/64GB) recently, specifically to play some games that other devices that were within my budget wouldn't be able to handle. But I'm disappointed with a detail that, although it looks small, makes a huge difference to the gaming experience. Every time a game requires two fingers to control (usually first-person and third-person shooting games), the touch sensitivity doesn't allow me the precision I need for such games. I slide my left thumb on the left side of the screen to control the movement and my right thumb on the right side of the screen to control the aim, as the game requires. The problem appears when I try to aim while running. What you don't notice when you slide your fingers quickly, when I slide slowly (for greater accuracy) the screen doesn't respond as it should, generating a jittery stutter. To test more thoroughly, I downloaded the MultiTouch Tester app from Google Play. During the tests I was able to see that the problem happens when - specifically - two fingers are used. Not with one, not with three or more. I'm in the stable version of Android 10 that I downloaded from the official Asus website in my country. I was only able to update my device this way, since when it arrived (with Android 😎 I couldn't find firmware updates available. Anyway, I found this problem even when I was using the Android version that came from the factory on the device. Thanks in advance!
63 REPLIES 63

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Y_ASUS
Hi Bruno~xD,

This issue is under investigation. Thanks for your patience.
View post
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/70027#Comment_70027 plz check this issues faced during gaming on SD845 5Z really dissappointing with performance of CPU N GPU

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Y_ASUS
Hi Bruno~xD,

This issue is under investigation. Thanks for your patience.
View post
Any news over this? The panel got fixed?
@amitgarde3 discovered an issue on cpu/gpu clock. Couldn't be that the lags on UI and games too?

Abhinav
Zen Master I
@CH_ASUS sir see this thread I was talking about. 🙂
☮️

kunal1217
Star I
Hi. I am also facing this issue from the first day. This is my third Asus phone. Bought two for my parents and one for me.
But I was disappointed to see this issue. I might never buy an Asus phone again.
How can this issue take such a long time to fix?
Everyone knows with pubg and cod cominy on mobile, mobile gaming has reached a next level. You expect better than this from a flagship phone.

Are these issues present in 6z too?

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
kunal1217

Hi. I am also facing this issue from the first day. This is my third Asus phone. Bought two for my parents and one for me.

But I was disappointed to see this issue. I might never buy an Asus phone again.

How can this issue take such a long time to fix?

Everyone knows with pubg and cod cominy on mobile, mobile gaming has reached a next level. You expect better than this from a flagship phone.

Are these issues present in 6z too?

View post
They are looking into this, we are expecting it to be fixed in the next firmware. (If there's a fix and not a low quality panel.)