Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX581GV Enable action menu isssue

bilal05
Star II
Hi,
I have Zenbook Pro Duo with screepad plus. it has
88JF1A6E27EL.png
action menu option which is enabled however it does not work. i have contacted Asus and they have asked me to install SCreenXpert app, which did not make any difference. i have attached screenshot. if anybody could help to get that setting back. it use to work before not anymore.

28 REPLIES 28

AD09
Star III
Zenbook Pro Duo i9, i'm facing the same issue with the Action Menu, it makes the screenpad a bit less feasible for me without the 3pop-ups showing, kindly help with this problem, thanks. (i've tried turning the action menu on/off, also tried the snap windows, nothing has helped so far)

bilal05
Star II
Hey Ad09. i have tried everything. even at 1 stage i have uninstalled all the updates still didn't work. Even Asus cannot fix it. they have sent me countless drivers and apps to try but it didn't work. i have found 1 way around it but thats not very easy so Action menu should work.

Liviu
Rising Star II
I reset mine due to other issues, not related to Asus, but more to Windows, and let's say that I regret it. Unfortunately, if you reset it, the drivers cannot be reset to the factory versions. Basically, if you updated the drivers via MyAsus or Asus drivers website, that driver will replace the one from the factory completely, for good.
Possibly it will work only if you do a clean Windows install, with your own Windows iso, but I do not recommend it al all as it might break even more things.
For people who didn't reset theirs, I highly recommend doing a SSD drive clone, and here I'm talking about completely backup everything. There are many free software available out there. Encapsulate your software in that backup and if something goes wrong, you can revert to it. It's not guaranteed but it's the most you can do. Do not rely on Windows restore points as it never works.

Liviu
Rising Star II
bilal05

Hey Ad09. i have tried everything. even at 1 stage i have uninstalled all the updates still didn't work. Even Asus cannot fix it. they have sent me countless drivers and apps to try but it didn't work. i have found 1 way around it but thats not very easy so Action menu should work.

View post
Try going in the Quick guide option and see if it let you complete the intro guide. There, it should enable it by default.

AD09
Star III
bilal05

View post
hi, what 1 way, could you please share, thank you.