Zenfone 5z(ZS620KL) | Touch screen not working without any physical damage

psaswata
Star I
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 5z(ZS620KL) 8GB RAM, 256 GB ROM
Firmware Version: Ww_user_100.10.107.70
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): None

I have been an Asus Zenfone 5z for a little more than a year now. The phone has been misbehaving since yesterday night.
The touch functionality was not working when I woke up in the morning, [without any physical damage (no liquid damage, no drops, no knocks) ]. However after tinkering with it and rebooting it a few times, it started working.
The problem re occurred briefly in the evening yesterday, but then it started working again without much effort.
Today, evening the problem reoccurred again without any alarm and my phone is stuck ever since. I tried restarting the phone in recovery mode but it is not working.
I am from India and with the lock-down in place, I don't know how to go about this issue. I work with a consulting firm and have to take/multiple calls through the day. Can someone please help ? I am absolutely out of wits.
Regards

7 REPLIES 7

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi did any of the things worked mentioned above?
Taking a backup is only possible if you can get the MTP working on the phone.

psaswata
Star I
Hey,
Thankfully the problem got sorted .
Here are the things I did :
Sort of the way, Jerryrigeverything checks durability test, did the same (it was anyway a piece of brick having tried restarting it almost 50 times ) and just tried restarting it one last time and Bang ! the touchscreen started working !!
I then took a backup and tried contacting a few other people through social cycles and it seems there are a few people who have faced such issues with Asus phones (1 Asus Zenfone 5z and 2 Max pro).
I am yet to understand why this problem came up in the first place and I would be absolutely willing to know why it happened in the first place. @ARP_ASUS anything you would suggest ?
Regards
Saswata

rangapur_jagan
Star III
Updated to the latest version Last week. (107.92)

I faced this issue today twice..
Tapping on back side of mobile has fixed the issue.
Weird issues with this Asus mobile.