adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZENFONE 5Z
Firmware Version: WW-100.10.107.70
Rooted or not: NOT ROOTED
Frequency of Occurrence: 9/10 TIMES
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): SYSTEM UI
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
This issue is happening since the first android 10 roll out.i assumed it would get solved but no luck! I have mentioned this issue in my previous post but due to the removal of old zentalk app I no longer have access to those posts.
I'M experiencing this Strange type of issue Actually the problem is when i am on a call and talking with my earphones plugged in ,and when I lock my device (by double tapping, there is a strange screen lightup during that time. As if the screen has some partial brightness.it annoys and i think since the zenfone 5Z doesn't has a oled display it will be very much battery consuming.
Look at the screen shots attached.
This image is when I'm on a call.
1O5AEOOTA61H.jpg

This image is when the call has been disconnected (normally locked,completely blacked out.)
6JMIH1YISDJG.jpg

Ps. I have aley tried the following :
Cleared cache.
Removing earphones (talking on speaker).
Tried in safe mode.
Reset my settings.
Factory reset.
Downgrade to pie and then upgrade to android 10 (problem is/was not there in pie)
Can someone from the members or the moderators confirm and reply the same. It is a serious bug which needs to be rectified.
Pls asus look into this issue. 🙏🏻🤞🏻
Regards
Peace.

22 REPLIES 22

hkumar73
Star II

adityapruthi2001

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZENFONE 5Z
  2. Firmware Version: WW-100.10.107.70
  3. Rooted or not: NOT ROOTED
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 9/10 TIMES
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): SYSTEM UI

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

This issue is happening since the first android 10 roll out.i assumed it would get solved but no luck! I have mentioned this issue in my previous post but due to the removal of old zentalk app I no longer have access to those posts.

I'M experiencing this Strange type of issue Actually the problem is when i am on a call and talking with my earphones plugged in ,and when I lock my device (by double tapping, there is a strange screen lightup during that time. As if the screen has some partial brightness.it annoys and i think since the zenfone 5Z doesn't has a oled display it will be very much battery consuming.

Look at the screen shots attached.

This image is when I'm on a call.

1O5AEOOTA61H.jpg

This image is when the call has been disconnected (normally locked,completely blacked out.)

6JMIH1YISDJG.jpg

Ps. I have aley tried the following :

Cleared cache.

Removing earphones (talking on speaker).

Tried in safe mode.

Reset my settings.

Factory reset.

Downgrade to pie and then upgrade to android 10 (problem is/was not there in pie)

Can someone from the members or the moderators confirm and reply the same. It is a serious bug which needs to be rectified.

Pls asus look into this issue. 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Regards

Peace.

STRANGE SCREEN LIGHTUP DURING ONGOING CALL
Exactly same happening with me.... Cannot do anything for it. Tried factory reset too.... Pls asus.... Do something with this flagship.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
@Abhinav can you do something about this?
Do you duplicate this issue?? Pls reply...
Peace.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Can someone reply pls????

Chintan_Devgani
Rising Star I
Well i have tried just now and I'm not having this issue. When i try to lock the phone by double tapping the screen doesn't go off just phone is locked. I have to lock phone by physical lock button to turn the screen off. It goes completely black not like you mentioned in 1st photo.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Bro.... Turn off the "power button ends call"
Also, if its not a hassle can you provide me with a short video of this while in a dark room. I would be surprised to know its not happening in yours. Because I have got 2 other friends if mine with the same existing problem. Will make them post tomorrow in the same thread if readily agreed.
Pls? Help?
Regards (pls provide just a video... Really appreciate it).

Chintan Devganiya

Well i have tried just now and I'm not having this issue. When i try to lock the phone by double tapping the screen doesn't go off just phone is locked. I have to lock phone by physical lock button to turn the screen off. It goes completely black not like you mentioned in 1st photo.

View post