This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call quality on Asus Zenfone 6z (Zenfone 6)

mihirpmehta
Star II
When I receive call from my Asus Zenfone 6z I am constantly hearing noise and distorted voice anyone facing the same issue ?
110 REPLIES 110

subhrajit1986
Star III
Hi,

Even after manually updating to version 156, the sound on maximum volume setting sounds unnatural and distorted. It seems there is a feedback loop on the higher frequency spectrum.

Placement of finger on motor or otherwis doesn't alter the sound in any way.

subhrajit1986
Star III
We would like to know which country and area you're all from? This will help us locate the issue faster.
I would say whoever is reporting this issue is from India, and they bought the 6z online from Flipkart.
The issue persists even after upgrading manually to WW.156 patch.

subhrajit1986
Star III
Please update to the latest FW released this week. We've made some small adjustments to the earpiece.
If your phone can't find the update when hitting the "Check now" button, then please download it manually from our homepage. I hope you will find the earpiece clarity acceptable after this update.
Anders_ASUS,
There is a marginal improvement in the clarity/pitch. However, much needs to be done.
Setting the phone at any other % is not an acceptable solution as we anyway would need to crank up/max out the volume in noisy conditions.

Please note all of these issues have been reported from India.

Please update to the latest FW released this week. We've made some small adjustments to the earpiece.
If your phone can't find the update when hitting the "Check now" button, then please download it manually from our homepage. I hope you will find the earpiece clarity acceptable after this update.
I have downloaded the update from link given but unable to update 

Please share steps to update 

subhrajit1986
Star III
I have downloaded the update from link given but unable to update 

Please share steps to update 
You can check the steps here : 
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1009748

Once the patch is downloaded and the zip file is transferred to the root (/) of internal memory and the USB is disconnected, there will be a notification on the screen about system update being present. Go ahead and apply the update. Once the update is applied, the phone will restart and that's it.

Please make sure you have adequate charge (more than 50%) on your phone before you update the FW.