This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme on Stock Dialer

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
As a preface, I want to use the stock dialer as I sometimes need call recording.
When I use a third party app (Tasker) to automatically swap dark and light themes at daybreak and sunset, the dialer app and contacts within the dialer app don't change themes properly (see pics). I have to manually toggle the dark and light theme via the notification shade, then it looks correct. It's not a huge deal. Since I just turn it light in the AM and dark in the PM it is easy enough for me to do it manually and turn off the auto switching, but it does seem to be a "bug".
@LP_ASUS
OGADAZD2NP4C.jpg
MT9UC8LYCC6G.jpg
WFFUYAO9GCUG.jpg

18 REPLIES 18

_jis_
Zen Master III
As opposed to a manual switch (which we already have)
Previously, we had the option of automatically switching the theme in the Developer settings on Android 9. This unnecessary issue hurt even more when we lost this automatic option on Android 10.
I think android 11 will improve this
Yes, Google has promised it, so we have to endure until the end of the year.
the only apps that Tasker currently can't control dark mode with are the stock apps for calculator, clock, gallery and file manager
Unfortunately there are much more Asus stock apps with this issue, like for example: Smart key, Game Genie, Twin Apps, Safeguard, Screen recorder, Splendid, Status bar icon manager, Emergency broadcast, Notification sound, ... this issue is scattered over system like plague in all Asus add-ons.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

As opposed to a manual switch (which we already have)

Previously, we had the option of automatically switching the theme in the Developer settings on Android 9. This unnecessary issue hurt even more when we lost this automatic option on Android 10.

I think android 11 will improve this

Yes, Google has promised it, so we have to endure until the end of the year.

the only apps that Tasker currently can't control dark mode with are the stock apps for calculator, clock, gallery and file manager

Unfortunately there are much more Asus stock apps with this issue, like for example: Smart key, Game Genie, Twin Apps, Safeguard, Screen recorder, Splendid, Status bar icon manager, Emergency broadcast, Notification sound, ... this issue is scattered over system like plague in all Asus add-ons.

View post
I know it used to be there in developer options. With regards to stock apps, I guess I was referring to "apps" that have icons in my app drawer. I don't see any of those you mentioned there. I didn't scour all of the settings menus, but it sounds like there are other areas too based on what you're saying. It does work in the sound recorder and mobile manager apps. For my use, I'm fine with the way it is since they fixed the phone app. For me, it pales in comparison to the lack of voLTE here in the US.

_jis_
Zen Master III
For me, it pales in comparison to the lack of voLTE here in the US.
Of course, I totally agree. The same is true for most of Europe, including all mobile operators in the Czech Republic unfortunately.
I just dealt with some aspects of this issue in more detail, which is no harm.

frizzen
Star III
Understood, will pass this to the right people.