Vinay_b
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Max pro M2
Firmware Version: .073
Rooted or not:No
Frequency of Occurrence:Na
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
In this current nation wide lockdown what do you all think are the Asus developer team are working on stable Android 10 and is the Android 10 is going to hit us in this month?
5 REPLIES 5

vckanandvpp
Rising Star II
A million dollar question. Even Asus moderators has some robotic answer. Every time copy paste.
Only happy news for me at present situation is govt allowed selling smartphone after April 20.
So on in another week , i am planning to install custom rom ( Pixel experience or Lineage 17.2) .
If I struck in boot loop problem, i will throw this crap out to dust bin and buy new phone.

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
Since Asus released the beta AOSP for Max Pro M2 on 31st January, I told all of you that in no sense Asus gonna provide the stable before April. Some of you even laughed at me but I smiled that time because I know the capabilities of Asus for long these 6 years after using so many different models from them. They usually take minimum of 3 months of time to push stable version from the time of Beta program launch. Now its lockdown going on and all companies have nitiated work from home then how any one could expect faster release by Asus?? People would only keep asking and Asus chat bots would reply same replies to have patience, thats all. There's no point asking them every now and then because they get direct instructions from Taiwan HQ to just copy paste replies to its users who are asking for any confirmed date of Android 10 stable version release. But believe me, they won't be able to push it on servers in this month. You might expect it to release with the 1st half of May only.

vckanandvpp
Rising Star II
Sanju

Since Asus released the beta AOSP for Max Pro M2 on 31st January, I told all of you that in no sense Asus gonna provide the stable before April. Some of you even laughed at me but I smiled that time because I know the capabilities of Asus for long these 6 years after using so many different models from them. They usually take minimum of 3 months of time to push stable version from the time of Beta program launch. Now its lockdown going on and all companies have nitiated work from home then how any one could expect faster release by Asus?? People would only keep asking and Asus chat bots would reply same replies to have patience, thats all. There's no point asking them every now and then because they get direct instructions from Taiwan HQ to just copy paste replies to its users who are asking for any confirmed date of Android 10 stable version release. But believe me, they won't be able to push it on servers in this month. You might expect it to release with the 1st half of May only.

View post
I am even ready to wait . But my big question is will they try a little bit to meet user expectations. The long wait has to be worth. While seeing the past history of ASUS , i am not sure that ASUS will provide bug free Android 10.
If they simply add the security patch and say it's Android 10 stable , then it's worth less of waiting for such a long time.
At least , like other companies they had to provide a definitive answers like below,
Which are definitely available on next update,
Which are in development,
Which may take some time ,
Which can't be possible due to some restrictions or for some unknown reasons
As a user we want such a sharp definitive answer from ASUS. Simply a robotic answer like "We are working on and soon it will be available" is not needed. After waiting for 3 months , Simply providing a buggy update is not acceptable.

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
vckanandvpp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/72592#Comment_72592

I am even ready to wait . But my big question is will they try a little bit to meet user expectations. The long wait has to be worth. While seeing the past history of ASUS , i am not sure that ASUS will provide bug free Android 10.

If they simply add the security patch and say it's Android 10 stable , then it's worth less of waiting for such a long time.

At least , like other companies they had to provide a definitive answers like below,

Which are definitely available on next update,

Which are in development,

Which may take some time ,

Which can't be possible due to some restrictions or for some unknown reasons

As a user we want such a sharp definitive answer from ASUS. Simply a robotic answer like "We are working on and soon it will be available" is not needed. After waiting for 3 months , Simply providing a buggy update is not acceptable.

View post
Yes, I still remember that they provided a very buggy Pie Upgrade where they just added the then latest security patch in the beta pie and pushed in the server.. They are very very poor providing software support. And ideally, no OEMs should take this much time to provide a Stable version after releasing the Beta. But Asus does that. Nokia published a chart about timeline for pushing Android 10 to its different models in December 2019 and amid corona outbreak they released another chart due to possible delay but you wont believe, they started pushing the Stable Android 10 as per the delayed tentative schedule and only few models are now left for them which will definitely get the Stable Android 10 bu this month but Asus takes 4 months of time to provide a stable version after Beta release that too with numerous number of Bugs.