Battery or AC: -
Model: UX430UQ
Frequency of occurrence: Every time when plugged in to AC
Reset OS: -
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description:
Hello!
I have a problem with my Zenbook and I wasn't able to find the solution anywhere so I'm hoping you guys can help me 🙂

Over the last two months my Zenbook UX430UQ has started to overheat when plugged in to AC. It doesn't matter if my laptop is being heavily used or if it's just web browsing. You can feel the heat mainly in the area of the charging port and if I'm using my laptop more heavily it radiates from there and reaches about 1/3 of my keyboard (I can feel the heat within that area).
Moreover I noticed that the time I can use the Zenbook on battery dropped by ~60-70%. I was able to work only on battery for 8-9 hours, now my laptop can be used away from AC for no more than 3 hours.
Is it the battery/charging port? I read somewhere that some of the Asus laptops have problems with connector pins inside the charging port which breaks sometimes causing such troubles. What do you guys think about this?
2 REPLIES 2

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello plateg9,
May you recall if there was any update or modification before the issue occurred?
Also, please kindly check if you BIOS and Windows are up to date, and which version are they.
And is the fan running properly?
Thank you.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
plateg9
  1. System: Windows 10 64 bit
  2. Battery or AC: -
  3. Model: UX430UQ
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Every time when plugged in to AC
  5. Reset OS: -
  6. Screenshot or video: -

========================

Detailed description:

Hello!

I have a problem with my Zenbook and I wasn't able to find the solution anywhere so I'm hoping you guys can help me 🙂

Over the last two months my Zenbook UX430UQ has started to overheat when plugged in to AC. It doesn't matter if my laptop is being heavily used or if it's just web browsing. You can feel the heat mainly in the area of the charging port and if I'm using my laptop more heavily it radiates from there and reaches about 1/3 of my keyboard (I can feel the heat within that area).

Moreover I noticed that the time I can use the Zenbook on battery dropped by ~60-70%. I was able to work only on battery for 8-9 hours, now my laptop can be used away from AC for no more than 3 hours.

Is it the battery/charging port? I read somewhere that some of the Asus laptops have problems with connector pins inside the charging port which breaks sometimes causing such troubles. What do you guys think about this?

UX430UQ Overheats when plugged in to AC
Did you blocked ventilators in laptop ?.
Try to laptop Cooling stand. .I am using ii,I kept top on the stand with full of ventilators.
Try below steps will might help to you
Disable or delete all running background applications.
Disable unwanted running Services in windows service menu..
Disable or delete all scheduled tasks.
Disable startup items.
Clean unwanted and waste registry keys use CCleaner.
Use CCleaner Software to do this work.
After doing these work, restart the windows.
And then check the heatness