This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pubg lagging issue in rog2 android 9 open letter to asus

urbanromio2
Star III
hello guys , i'm watching some comments people saying they getting lagging issue in pubg after upgrading their mobile to android 10.
i just want to make you clear that. it is not!
i had not upgrade to android 10- after watching the reviews are bad.
i continued to play with android 9 . but from a week the game is very laggy only in rog 2 not in other mobiles i have confirmed with testing in same network with a one-plus 6, it is butter smooth as normal.
after watching some videos that need to change game driver preferences for smooth game play i upgraded to android 10 since in android 9 those options not available.
even after changing the game preferences , it is laggy as before. so i request you guys don't believe those you tubers doing videos just for number of views .
give dislike them un-follow them those people should be avoided.
from this i can confirm game is lagging in our mobile not only because of android 10. there is something wrong.
today i installed shadow legends to play with 120 fps , trust me that game does not even cross 70 fps other than splash screens .
neither pubg developers not replies about this issue nor asus .
people purchased Asus rog 2 for gaming purpose , but this is very big hit on the supporters.
solution should be found asap else asus will loss its brand value for gaming devices.
dear asus , its not your advertisement makes selling your mobiles . it is your customers recommended your mobile to others.
if such things continue you will loss us the gamers and will loss in mobile gaming platform .
have you guys saw single message from asus team regarding this?
no right.
this is what we need to understand from asus and other brands.
15 REPLIES 15

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
urbanromio2

hello guys , i'm watching some comments people saying they getting lagging issue in pubg after upgrading their mobile to android 10.

i just want to make you clear that. it is not!

i had not upgrade to android 10- after watching the reviews are bad.

i continued to play with android 9 . but from a week the game is very laggy only in rog 2 not in other mobiles i have confirmed with testing in same network with a one-plus 6, it is butter smooth as normal.

after watching some videos that need to change game driver preferences for smooth game play i upgraded to android 10 since in android 9 those options not available.

even after changing the game preferences , it is laggy as before. so i request you guys don't believe those you tubers doing videos just for number of views .

give dislike them un-follow them those people should be avoided.

from this i can confirm game is lagging in our mobile not only because of android 10. there is something wrong.

today i installed shadow legends to play with 120 fps , trust me that game does not even cross 70 fps other than splash screens .

neither pubg developers not replies about this issue nor asus .

people purchased Asus rog 2 for gaming purpose , but this is very big hit on the supporters.

solution should be found asap else asus will loss its brand value for gaming devices.

dear asus , its not your advertisement makes selling your mobiles . it is your customers recommended your mobile to others.

if such things continue you will loss us the gamers and will loss in mobile gaming platform .

have you guys saw single message from asus team regarding this?

no right.

this is what we need to understand from asus and other brands.

pubg lagging issue in rog2 android 9 open letter to asus
We are already in discussion with Tencent trying to improve upon the gaming experience but this is not an isolated issue to ASUS phones.
If you read all the latest reviews of PUBG on play store, you notice right away that even OnePlus 6 phones have the same issue. Just because your friends phone was butter smooth doesn't mean that it's like this on every device. There are ROG 2 device with smooth PUBG too.
What makes a gaming phone is the powerful hardware, advanced cooling and hardware tuning capabilities but it does not magically make games with bugs run smooth.
It can also not make a game like Shadow Legends to run in 120fps when it's capped to 30 fps by the developer.
Maybe you're comparing with how PCs work, where everything depends mostly on hardware and where no games have frame rate caps. Well this is not the reality we live in when it comes to smartphones.

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/25621/pubg-lagging-issue-in-rog2-android-9-open-letter-to-asu...

We are already in discussion with Tencent trying to improve upon the gaming experience but this is not an isolated issue to ASUS phones.

If you read all the latest reviews of PUBG on play store, you notice right away that even OnePlus 6 phones have the same issue. Just because your friends phone was butter smooth doesn't mean that it's like this on every device. There are ROG 2 device with smooth PUBG too.

What makes a gaming phone is the powerful hardware, advanced cooling and hardware tuning capabilities but it does not magically make games with bugs run smooth.

It can also not make a game like Shadow Legends to run in 120fps when it's capped to 30 fps by the developer.

Maybe you're comparing with how PCs work, where everything depends mostly on hardware and where no games have frame rate caps. Well this is not the reality we live in when it comes to smartphones.

View post
I have a OnePlus 6 and Pubg runs smoothly on it.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mandalkunal5555

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/71893#Comment_71893

I have a OnePlus 6 and Pubg runs smoothly on it.

View post
And PUBG is running smooth on my ROG Phone II. I'm saying that it can happen to all phones as in any phone but not every phone.

mandalkunal5555
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/72094#Comment_72094

And PUBG is running smooth on my ROG Phone II. I'm saying that it can happen to all phones as in any phone but not every phone.

View post
Our problems aren't only limited to decreased performance in gaming, Anders. Pocket mode doesn't work, fingerprint scanner is slow as hell, earpiece makes crackling noises while on call, chrome freezes a lot, screen turns automatically off after a few minutes while watching videos on chrome, phone heats up while charging, poor battery life. I spent 60,000 inr on this device the least you guys could do is provide a bugfix update.