This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Color Issue

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Red Tint Issue Still Persistent, no improvements, ruins video watching experience.
Also black crush issue, ruins video watching. Please fix these issues in next patch and please atleast address this issue.
@Anders_ASUS
25 REPLIES 25

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
akhilj66

BD0YHD1KRDLW.jpg

Asus ROG II Black Crush

IWFFGUSHXBY7.jpg

Samsung S7

@Anders_ASUS you can clearly see the difference.

Let me know if you see the difference too.

View post
It's not the display but the low bitrate of the video. I checked it with several displays and the issue is visible in all of them.

gonzaaa_92
Rising Star II
See how vastly brighter the ASUS ROG's screen is in comparisson to the Samsung S7's. The brighter the screen is, the more noticeable the issue becomes.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
gonzaaa.92

See how vastly brighter the ASUS ROG's screen is in comparisson to the Samsung S7's. The brighter the screen is, the more noticeable the issue becomes.

View post
No, it's not.
Rog 2 peak brightness is 626 nits
Samsung S7 is 855 nits
And both of them are at 70% brightness.
I am not some idiot who would lower the brightness to show difference, there is a difference because ROG II screen has a problem.
I have also checked on numerous displays before posting this thread, not here to waste time.
Anyhow, I'll wait for Anders to confirm.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
akhilj66

BD0YHD1KRDLW.jpg

Asus ROG II Black Crush

IWFFGUSHXBY7.jpg

Samsung S7

@Anders_ASUS you can clearly see the difference.

Let me know if you see the difference too.

View post
I can only say that you believe it's "crushed" because your S7 probably shows less detail in dark areas and I can also see that the picture of your S7 was brighter. So not a fair comparison.
Here's a comparison between ROG 2 and another Phone that has won awards for its screen. I took this picture in total darkness with night mode active on my ZF6 camera to make the differences as visible as possible. It doesn't look this bad to my eyes.
Both screens were running at 60hz and were visually matched in brightness around 70%. They look a little different because I couldn't pause both at the exact same frame but I believe this is proof enough that it has everything to do with encoding and not the display.

8UGDAW109118.jpg
372CCJ9PJW98.jpg
7A2ES0JAAAG6.jpg

akhilj66
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/71967#Comment_71967

I can only say that you believe it's "crushed" because your S7 probably shows less detail in dark areas and I can also see that the picture of your S7 was brighter. So not a fair comparison.

Here's a comparison between ROG 2 and another Phone that has won awards for its screen. I took this picture in total darkness with night mode active on my ZF6 camera to make the differences as visible as possible. It doesn't look this bad to my eyes.

Both screens were running at 60hz and were visually matched in brightness around 70%. They look a little different because I couldn't pause both at the exact same frame but I believe this is proof enough that it has everything to do with encoding and not the display.

8UGDAW109118.jpg

372CCJ9PJW98.jpg

7A2ES0JAAAG6.jpg

View post
Thanks, this was all I wanted to know.
I didn't want to go to the service center for a issue which is not there.
Looks like Samsung corrupted me as my TV is also Samsung and my HP monitor and laptop are IPS, IPS certainly doesn't struggle for deep blacks as it is backlit.
Thanks for the confirmation.
A suggestion for your engineering team, if you can reduce this issue to some extent in next update it would be really helpful as watching dark scenes above 30% becomes a nightmare to look at be it anywhere on YouTube, prime or Netflix.