System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX480FD
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi, a couple of days ago I performed a clean installation of Windows 10 from an USB, an operation that I do about every 6 months to keep the OS running at maximum.

Unfortunately since the computer has restarted I have noticed a noticeable decrease in CPU performance.
In fact, the temperature monitoring software shows that the CPU never rises above 70 degrees, while before, at full load, it reached without problems more than 90 degrees. In addition, the fans run at a much lower rotation speed than they did before (and I believe that the rotation speed depends on the number of WATT absorbed by the CPU at a given moment as well as on the temperature).

These two elements may not be a problem in themselves, but this obviously translates into a significant drop in performance. To be clear, the CPU-z benchmark gives me a value of about 1000 points while before I got more or less 2000. In addition, the greater slowness is perceptible in all operations that require a considerable CPU load.

I therefore lost several hours trying to uninstall the CPU drivers, change the settings in the energy managment and set different values ​​in the system registry, asking the CPU to always go to the maximum but I have not reached the goal and the result has not changed.

I have the impression that after the reset, the CPU TDP has dropped to 15W, while from what I know on this laptop it is set to 25W by the manufacturer (and this would also explain the production of less heat and less use of the fans).

I therefore ask to be helped to find a solution since I often use the PC at full load and having half the power is a considerable inconvenience.

Thank you, have a nice day

Giona
23 REPLIES 23

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
check once with CPU-z software, post screenshot

Giona
Star I
here is the result. On the left there is the CPU usage that never reaches 100% (before it used to remain at 100% for whole duration of the test).
8J38ULE5U8MX.png
As you che see the result barely reaches 1000, while before it had no problem to reach 1850...

Giona
Star I
P.S. During the test the CPU temperature was 63 degrees, while in the past it reached 93 degrees

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Your processor base frequency is 1.99ghz. might be some windows updates removed some featuree.

Giona
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

Your processor base frequency is 1.99ghz. might be some windows updates removed some featuree.

View post
Yes, that's what I think too ...

Do you have any idea how the problem could be solved?