cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast charging issue with ZenFone 6

abhimathew22
Star III
Hey All,
From the past week my 6z isn't supporting fast charge.
I tried other fast chargers from Huawei & samsung and still no fast charging. since samsung allows "Smart charging, at least my Phone could be charged while as when using Asus original (charger and cable) pair and Huawei's pair, no charging at all!!
It charges for a few seconds and gives an alert of charging off and keeps on making that noise (ding.... ding .... ding...)
It is fast charging that my fone isn't supporting and shows 6-7 hours to full charge but charges up in 4-5 hours.
Please please suggest a way out or anything that could help.

PS : Schedule charging was off, no battery monitoring of any kind is active.
42 REPLIES 42

abhimathew22
Star III
skylerwolfe

Sounds like you tried other chargers. Couldn't tell by what you said if you had tried different cables too. If so, those chargers and cables work on other devices still?

View post
What i meant was that I tried both fast charger and cable of Different OEM and still no result.

abhimathew22
Star III
abhimathew22

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/71226#Comment_71226

What i meant was that I tried both fast charger and cable of Different OEM and still no result.

View post
It is still working for the other phone, My charger and cable

abhimathew22
Star III
jithin.pattambi

its cable issue.. this has been been discussed and solved in other form.Even I personally facing cable issue.. Need to buy new one.

View post
It is not. Sometimes if I'm lucky, It shows fast charging for a min or 2 but then stops charging with notification sound in a loop.
If it was cable issue, it should have been that there will be slow charging when using original charger and cable but nothing still...

tomyy0842
Star I
I've had issues with charging in the past few days as well. The phone doesn't support fast charging anymore. I've tried several chargers that support fast charging but my phone just doesn't fast charge anymore. The chargers work with other phones so I'm sure the problem is with my ZenFone 6. It's a bummer because I love the phone so much.

abhimathew22
Star III
abhimathew22

Hey All,

From the past week my 6z isn't supporting fast charge.

I tried other fast chargers from Huawei & samsung and still no fast charging. since samsung allows "Smart charging, at least my Phone could be charged while as when using Asus original (charger and cable) pair and Huawei's pair, no charging at all!!

It charges for a few seconds and gives an alert of charging off and keeps on making that noise (ding.... ding .... ding...)

It is fast charging that my fone isn't supporting and shows 6-7 hours to full charge but charges up in 4-5 hours.

Please please suggest a way out or anything that could help.

PS : Schedule charging was off, no battery monitoring of any kind is active.

Fast charging issue with ZenFone 6
I found something interesting.
If I Turn on the Schedule charging, and put the timer for more than 4 hours (minimum period), the phone is charging under fast mode (Comparatively less faster but a lot better than normal rate. ) and it charges so till 17% and then 😐️ ... ding.... ding... ding... stops chargingg with the notification comping up in a cycle.. 😩
Could this be a software bug and not a hardware issue.🙄