Star II
System: win 10 pro
Battery or AC: ac
Model: F512DA-WH31
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: Don't need to
BIOS VERSION: 310
========================
Detailed description:I sent this laptop back to Asus Repair in Texas to get the bios to see a USB stick. They did not fix the issue. All they did was update the bios. They did not even check to see if a USB stick would be seen in the bios. That sucks!
"THERE IS NO CSM" ( Compatibility Support Module ) to enable or disable in the bios. Now It was formated FAT 32. with Windows PE boot software. I used a Crucial 2.0 128gb USB stick. BIOS would NOT see it. Also bought a brand new Patriot 3.1 128gb USB Stick. formated FAT 32. with Windows PE boot software the bios would not see it. "SECURE BOOT WAS DISABLED!!!" I found out how to do it. I made a Windows 10 Pro Recovery Disk on my Patriot 3.1 128gb USB stick. Guess what? It saw it in the BIOS! it was a "UEFI" protocall formated Fat32. Now That tells me that the BIOS Will NOT SEE ANY USB STICK That runs Windows PE Boot Software. IT MUST BE UEFI PROTOCALL FORMATED FAT32. That sucks! Why? Windows 10 Pro Recovery Disk slower than snot to backup my 128gb SSD ( M.2 ) Could not find any backup software that this bios would see using WindowPE boot software or Using UEFI Protocall. This laptop Needs the CSM Module ( Compatibility Support Module ) in the BIOS. So you can use WindowsPE Boot Software.
I made sure everything in the BIOS was unlocked and Secure Boot was "DISABLED" Asus has gotta fix this issue!!
NOTE:
CSM or Compatibility Support Module is something that allows booting in legacy BIOS mode on UEFI systems.
19 REPLIES 19

hozerdude
Star II
This is not a INTEL System rofl
This is a AMD system bud 😉 Ryzen CPU with a ATI Radeon Graphics GPU

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Ok fine. Check the AMD cpu is protected from Spectra Meltdown Vulnerabllity.
If its vulnerable, then you must apply latest AMD microcodes to processor

hozerdude
Star II
Na.... not gonna worrie about it. I got a work around to make backups on the Asus Vivobook 15. Just hope Asus gets this issue fixed.
Cya 😉

q1-15
Star I
Hi together,
I have a similar problem. I bought a notebook Type A705AM without windows 10 operation system.

Now I want to use my bootable usb stick to install windows 10 on the empty SSD.

The USB stick is recognized in the bios as storage device but is not recognized as a bootable usb
stick.

Due to the fact that the bios does not offer the "Launch CSM" option I can not boot from the USB
stick.

It was never a problem to boot from this USB stick from other computers....

So how can I solve the problem?

Pleas give a detailed guidline.

Best Regards from Germany

MR

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
q1-15

Hi together,

I have a similar problem. I bought a notebook Type A705AM without windows 10 operation system.

Now I want to use my bootable usb stick to install windows 10 on the empty SSD.

The USB stick is recognized in the bios as storage device but is not recognized as a bootable usb
stick.

Due to the fact that the bios does not offer the "Launch CSM" option I can not boot from the USB
stick.

It was never a problem to boot from this USB stick from other computers....

So how can I solve the problem?

Pleas give a detailed guidline.

Best Regards from Germany

MR

View post
Solution is simple , use rufus v3.9 software to create bootable USB by selecting GPT partition and target system as UEFI (non csm).
In bios disable secure boot only