This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 - 2020

Shubham_Agarkar
Star III
Stable updates approaching our phones ASUS ZENFONE 5Z, this year update are as follows
100.10.107.36 20 January 2020
100.10.107.46 17 February 2020
100.10.107.70 30 March 2020
Pros:
Stability improved a lot in Android 10, the new version comes with new Kernel file which has increased a bit of performance and getting more standby time too, about SOT can't see any drastic difference, charging the battery with low heat than on Pie, can charge the device and have hours of PUBG and Battery Temp is max 41°C this is better than Pie, face unlock is faster than Pie final build, the interface is close enough to some custom OS or Pixel OS seems minimalistic, the camera remains the same as on Pie.
Cons:
Fingerprint scanner is slow and works 7/10 times, Memory cleaner / Super Cleaner either of them is not working properly, some users face some frame drops in UI but not in my phone (8GB 256GB).
Rest everything seems fine.
For any other issues please comment below.
44 REPLIES 44

Shubham_Agarkar
Star III
vkk178

Appreciate that Asus is rolling out updates for the 5z .

Vo-Wifi & Arcore are much needed in this device to keep it's value up with the competition . Even from a resale perspective people are looking for these , now that the competition is offering these on more basic devices . It's high time ASUS rolled out Vo-wifi & arcore . The device & hardware are very much capable to handle these .

View post
Maybe we could see new features for the phone in future updates,
But at this moment STABILITY is the biggest concern, they should focus on taking out all the bugs and optimizing the Firmware, which indeed ASUS is doing on a monthly basis.
But I doubt these features are coming to our phone soon enough, maybe we could expect them in 3-4 months, sooner or later we might have them.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: zenfone 5Z
  2. Firmware Version: 100.10.107.70
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: A10
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): PUBGM 0.17.0

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

In oreo or pie this frame drops sttuters n lags where never observed playing pubg at higher settings like graphics-HDR frame rate-ULTRA but in A10 perfomance doesnt feel like playing on SD845 its decreased lags stutters n frame drops are too much observed some times multi touch issue is seen also at higher settings and after playing on lower settings graphics-SMOOTH N frame rate- EXTREME is causing lags in game sometimes

After checking via third party apps the cpu clocking seems to be good at its peak to achieve during playing BUT GPU IS NOT BOOSTING ITSELF it is limited to certain limit WHY? i think this is is reason of NO optimisation of PUBGM with 5Z

ALSO after comparing performance with ZENFONE 5 WITH 5Z,

ZENFONE 5 SEEMS TO BE MUCH BETTER AT PERFORMANCE THAN 5Z

Multi touch issue n jitters is present since day 1 of A8 YET NOT FIXED alredy reported several times by many

Please look into this issue as 5Z has better processor and gpu to make most of it comparing with zenfone 5 hope for fix as early as possible in future firmware before support ends for 5Z flagships

Alredy shared several comparision videos from below tagged @brunoferreira.retry@gmail.com n @ValeeraSanguinar and in old zentalk forum hope for help in this new zentalk as mods here are so effortive n appreciative we know flagship can get better out of it as it was with A8 N A9 IN A10

Tried factory reset and reinstallation of PUBG that doesnt help to any of above issues to solve @ServiceY_ASUS @CH_ASUS @LP_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @kikoly @brunoferreira.retry@gmail.com @ValeeraSanguinar 😌

Pubg frame drops stutters lags on ZENFONE 5Z SD 845
This touch issue (first reply of the quoted for more info) along with those functions (vowifi; arcore) are asked a long time now.
Since Oreo the touch problem happens and it was never addressed, now Jei_ASUS said it is being investigated, hope for a solution on next FOTA.
For the time they needed justo to recognize there was a touch issue, I wouldn't hope for any new functions for this device.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
adityapruthi2001
Model: ZS620KL

RAM: 6G

Firmware/APP Version: WW-100.10.107.70

Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime

Rooted: No

APP Name:

Last edited by adityapruthi2001 on 2020/4/5 22:38

There is no notification (sound or vibration) when the call has ended in the silent or vibration profile after the android 10 update. Neither does the screen turn on since proximity sensor is on.

It was there before android 10, it is a must feature... As sometimes we presume the person has not yet ended the call from his her side, we would keep the phone on our ear.. Besides post after sometime i realise the call was ended minutes ago. I cannot keep on checking again and again by removing phone from my ear.

Please asus... Restore the sound or provide a vibration after a call ends..... It would really help.

Humble request to you.

Peace.
No sound/beep/vibration after any call has ended in silent/vibration profile.
Please can someone reply me?? Does anyone experience this. Pls help... Reply.
Peace

vkk178
Rising Star I
Shubham Agarkar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/70126#Comment_70126

Maybe we could see new features for the phone in future updates,

But at this moment STABILITY is the biggest concern, they should focus on taking out all the bugs and optimizing the Firmware, which indeed ASUS is doing on a monthly basis.

But I doubt these features are coming to our phone soon enough, maybe we could expect them in 3-4 months, sooner or later we might have them.

View post
Though it's not perfect , latest release seems to be more stable compared to initial Q updates . Bug fixing will be ongoing activity . I think new features can go in parallel at this point , to start with atleast Vo-wifi . People , including me are facing call quality & drops due to signal reception . Vo-wifi will be a boon

yogSH
Star I
Somehow I am yet to get March update for my phone. I have checked multiple times and no luck. I haven't updated to beta previously so no idea what's happening. Did Asus pull back this update from their servers?