This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5z suddenly lost signal, stuck on airplane mode

My phone lost signal for both sim cards.tried to uninstall/reinstall the sim, reboot and factory reset the phone but the issue persist. When i try to call outbound,message says turn off airplane mode.
7 REPLIES 7

IT WORKED! I was doubtful at first and scared of crushing my phone screen but it worked. Thanks ?

pioustm
Star II
vince.disameto

Thanks man.tried it but still not getting signal

View post
I too have the same problem. I did a trick from XDA forum. Not sure it will work for you.
Prerequisites: update software to 100.10.170.70 (I did it manually)
1.Drain your battery to 4 percentage and turnoff your mobile.
2.Then restart in download mode( press volume down and power button simultaneously).
3.Then in download mode wait for the battery to drain out completely.
4.When battery runs out of power press the power button again to see that baterry is fully down i.e no response while clicking power button.
Final step recharge your phone upto 10 or 20 percent and turn on your mobile. And wait for sometime. The XDA author says by doing so the radio component resets completely. I am not the author. But it worked for me.
I tried this method two times. Not guaranteeing anything. No harm in trying when official service assistants doesn't help much. All the best.

jayeshd965
Star I
mastershu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/38509#Comment_38509

@vince.disameto its tricky an takes patience but this is what i was told an it worked.... take simcard tray out..... SQUEEZE THE HELL out of the area the tray goes into top of screen an back of phone an while doing it put tray back in an keep squeezing while turning on phone let it go when home screen appears... i had to do it 3x but it worked.... apparently antenna is next to sim tray an it comes loose if taking out sim tray an pushing pin in wrong

View post
It worked...thanks man I was worried since morning as during this lockdown having a network is a must...I was sceptical but as per the research there's some issue with the antenna cable...and you made sense though. Thank you once again 🤘🏻