This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please new system update required for Asus ROG 2.

chhandama_hring
Star III
Since i updated to the latest adroid 10 version. I experienced a massive bugs in the systems while playing games, especially pubg mobile. I'll mention some of the problems i encounter on pubg mobile
1. Heavy fps drops when enemies/ opposing players are within visual range. And this causes the device to not being responding to my touches,its no more even close to responsiv as the asus company has claimed it to be. The screen literally freezes. Weapons cannot fire at all. Character cannot move in coordination to the touches i made on the screen.
2. Overheating.
3. Frequent game crash of every game i play.
I used to have a big trust on asus and even recommended it to most of my friends. But now, I'm ashamed. Even oneplus 6T performs easily better than rog phone 2 without even claiming to be a gaming phone. This is a huge failure of asus, inspite claiming to be the ultimate gaming phone. Don't tell me to try new setting. I have already tried literally everything i could.
51 REPLIES 51

Apollofury
Rising Star II
chhandama.hringngen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52288#Comment_52288

No we are not. If u were to buy a gaming PC, what type would u choose. For me, i would choose the one which could give me a top notch performance rather than the one which offers me fancy styles and led lights, and that is what asus claims it to be. I know very well that frequent game crashes are the pubg mobile game issues. But heavy fps drops when enemies are within visual range, and inability of the touch screen to respond in accordances to the touches i made on the screen is clearly not the game issue, when other phones such as iPhone xr, oneplus 7, and even a p30 can operate smoothly under similar situations. I know that pubg mobile has an fps cap of 60. I also knew very well that there has to be some frame drops, i mean those acceptable ones when enemies are within 500-700 metres range, since that's just the way the game is on mobile, since it is the best possible way the game can be optimize on mobile phones. But after a few one-to-two seconds lags or frame drops, the game should be able to get back to normal standings. But the asus rog phone 2 doesn't. It continues to perform worst. The above mentioned mobile phones don't even claimed to be gaming phones. But easily they deliver better performance than the asus rog 2, under several conditions. When even these phones can deliver an acceptable performance even without claiming to be a gaming phone, we expected a lot from the one which claims to gives us an ultimate gaming experience. By the way, gaming phones, much like gaming PC's are expected to optimize games better than average phones, especially when it offers an extreme specs. We cannot accept such inconsistencies, rather than to call asus a failure on the mobile gaming community. Why don't they just solely focus on the gaming performance rather than all the fancy things that comes with it. We just want a better performance. Is that too much to ask of a device which claims it to be the ultimate?

View post
chhandama.hringngen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52288#Comment_52288

Or is it that we are being given and left only with the fancy designs that comes with the device, such as the rgb lighting on the back, the multi-functioning air triggers, or the cool accessories that comes with it such as the twin dock view, cooling fans, etc, etc.......in lieu of the ultimalte gaming experience that asus claims to give its users ; but fails humiliatingly on the specific area.

We are frustrated because we have invested all our money amd trust on the phone. What's left of us is nothing but to call asus a fraud, for not giving us a friendly user experience.

View post
Look bro , it seems that you have some in depth knowledge about gaming and I respect that and I can honestly state that I am not a gamer only a technical enthusiast . All am saying is there are some people on this forum who seem to comment only about the negatives of the ROG and constantly insult , berate and humiliate Asus and their developers.
Yes ROG 2 is not perfect but please enlighten me which is the perfect phone in this world without even one issue ? BUT !!! I also agree you should get your money's worth , you deserve what you pay for !
So all I am saying is ....yes create threads , post more proof , post more information , gather people to see if they are facing the same issue , complain the issue on this forum, on twitter .....eat Asus head ! But please don't insult or humiliate the brand or the phone that's all am asking no one is forcing people to use this phone we all bought it with our discretion.( Am not not saying your doing any of this and i am using this generally to all people on this forum )
I know I sound like an idealist but all am trying is to reduce hatred on this forum.

I have also encountered problems after updating to android 10, such as slow loading, bugs on loading doors, etc. Regarding cod m, tencent has said that the problem is the game that has bugs for all high ranges. I hope that they fix the bugs present in this version of android, since a premium device would not have to have them in the stable versions of its operating system.

chhandama_hring
Star III
ApolloFury

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52351#Comment_52351

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52353#Comment_52353

Look bro , it seems that you have some in depth knowledge about gaming and I respect that and I can honestly state that I am not a gamer only a technical enthusiast . All am saying is there are some people on this forum who seem to comment only about the negatives of the ROG and constantly insult , berate and humiliate Asus and their developers.

Yes ROG 2 is not perfect but please enlighten me which is the perfect phone in this world without even one issue ? BUT !!! I also agree you should get your money's worth , you deserve what you pay for !

So all I am saying is ....yes create threads , post more proof , post more information , gather people to see if they are facing the same issue , complain the issue on this forum, on twitter .....eat Asus head ! But please don't insult or humiliate the brand or the phone that's all am asking no one is forcing people to use this phone we all bought it with our discretion.( Am not not saying your doing any of this and i am using this generally to all people on this forum )

I know I sound like an idealist but all am trying is to reduce hatred on this forum.

View post
Yo man. I truly understand your perspective and i totally respect with all regards, and its true that no mobile phone or gaming device is perfect. The things that itches us is the fact that we are being held back from using the ultimate potential of the device. As for me, from a gamer stand point i have no problem with the gallery bug issue and other issues others are reporting. Just want some increase in the performance of the device while gaming, and I'm sure that the phone can still go another level higher. Maybe we are expecting too much. The initial reason why i started the discussion was with the hope that, Asus could come up with a fast response to our needs, i.e all of its users. Nothing intended to humiliate the product itself. And this comment i made doesn't mean to retaliate any offensive criticism. Hope you understand what i'm trying to say here✌

chhandama_hring
Star III
chhandama.hringngen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69379#Comment_69379

Yo man. I truly understand your perspective and i totally respect with all regards, and its true that no mobile phone or gaming device is perfect. The things that itches us is the fact that we are being held back from using the ultimate potential of the device. As for me, from a gamer stand point i have no problem with the gallery bug issue and other issues others are reporting. Just want some increase in the performance of the device while gaming, and I'm sure that the phone can still go another level higher. Maybe we are expecting too much. The initial reason why i started the discussion was with the hope that, Asus could come up with a fast response to our needs, i.e all of its users. Nothing intended to humiliate the product itself. And this comment i made doesn't mean to retaliate any offensive criticism. Hope you understand what i'm trying to say here✌

View post
ApolloFury

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69178#Comment_69178

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69376#Comment_69376

Sorry man I hope you didn't get offended , it's just so many people are insulting ROG and Asus developers it's really heartbreaking . No phone is perfect and am not asking to cut them slack but atleast don't insult them, create threads record more data give suggestions,observations and complaints just no insults cause The ROG 2 is still a groundbreaking gaming phone if not at the least an awesome smartphone!

View post
Yo bro. First read my comments here. We still believe that asus could give us the ultimate gaming experience . If we don't trust the device anymore, why should we still report all the bugs and issues here. We could just get off from this platform and berate the product on our WhatsApp status and other social media, encouraging people from buying the product and even further to encourage their friends and families, companions etc etc to not buy it. But we want Asus and its products to be the medium through which the ultimate gaming experience can be felt, especially ROG 2. Since so many of us are already committed to the product. Truly truly, in our heats, we hoped that we don't need to switch our devices. It's even a nuisance for us to go from one phone to another every six months.
If we can get this through together, and Asus giving us a better software, it might just be a turning point for Asus where the company gets a bloom in mobile gaming section. Since any product, be it a house essential or a daily need; the success of which depends on whether it meets the needs of its mass users. It doesn't depends on perfection of the product.

akhilj66
Rising Star II
chhandama.hringngen

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69664#Comment_69664

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69377#Comment_69377

Yo bro. First read my comments here. We still believe that asus could give us the ultimate gaming experience . If we don't trust the device anymore, why should we still report all the bugs and issues here. We could just get off from this platform and berate the product on our WhatsApp status and other social media, encouraging people from buying the product and even further to encourage their friends and families, companions etc etc to not buy it. But we want Asus and its products to be the medium through which the ultimate gaming experience can be felt, especially ROG 2. Since so many of us are already committed to the product. Truly truly, in our heats, we hoped that we don't need to switch our devices. It's even a nuisance for us to go from one phone to another every six months.

If we can get this through together, and Asus giving us a better software, it might just be a turning point for Asus where the company gets a bloom in mobile gaming section. Since any product, be it a house essential or a daily need; the success of which depends on whether it meets the needs of its mass users. It doesn't depends on perfection of the product.

View post
Exactly, we have a beast and we want to use it to its full potential.
Right now my only three major concerns are:
1. Battery.
2. Performance.
3. Screen red tint and black crush fix (bugs me the most)
For me only these 3 things are seperating ROG II from a the other flagships like Samsung or OnePlus. If these 3 things are fixed, ROG II will be the most superior device, next to none.