This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog phone 2 Android 10 issues

akashvarshney00
Star III
There are a lot of things that changed my phone's experience after the A10 update.
1. The phone now overheats while charging using the 30 Watt adapter as well as 18 Watt adapter.
2. Gaming performance reduced a lot specifically Pubg where frame drops and desync is now. Becoming a normal behaviour, checked the wifi and it's stable. The phone overheats while keeping the graphic settings to High, anti- aliasing also was disabled.
3. Ran Geekbench score after updating to A10 and see my score, you will be shocked and it even lists below One plus 6.
I am reporting these issues within not even a week of upgrade but this is important to report as this phone is still with a lot of bugs after updating to Android 10
0FN79WCNRZW4.jpg
9M0VQI4VR26G.jpg

64 REPLIES 64

uri13
Star III
akashvarshney005

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/51725#Comment_51725

I did a factory reset and started from scratch, it's still the same. I play a lot of Pubg mobile that's why I bought this phone but the lag which is not there in other phones after crosschecking myself is unacceptable the frame drops when enemy approaches like hell no touch sensitivity works. The phone overheats when charging from a 30 Watt adapter. The performance has seriously reduced, camera became poor in low light

View post
I'm on A10 too. For me, PUBG works fine, but not at 100%. I'm playing at 90Hz and it seems I'm playing at 200Hz: after 30min playing, 15-18% of the battery is drained. And the phone is always +40º. Just burning. Maybe is something related to the kernel... But I've tested with Kirisakura as well, but nothing. Same. That's my biggest problem... that some time the device is draining a lot of battery. I could not imagine if the battery was like 4500mah or even 4000...

nazri5363
Star III
Upgrades from Asus seems like nightmare.... Last time updated to Android 9 from 8 the quality of photo drops... Zenfone 5....Maybe Asus user should stick to factory delivered OS....

SushaNt_ROG
Star I
Gaming is almost impossible in this so called GAMING PHONE. I bought ROG 2 mainly for PUBG and experience was excellent untill I upgraded to A10. Earlier there were no frame drops or lag after prolonged gaming sessions. But now when I am playing first TDM of the day to warm up, the frame drops are too much. I play competitive so I am pretty serious while playing Customs or scrims. And at certain time I reach the limit of frustration and just wish to smash the phone to the floor.
I don't care about security patches or android updates as this device is only for GAMING, what I only care is seamless gaming. It was a really bad decision to buy ROG 2. This might be my last ASUS mobile phone.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
SushaNt_ROG

Gaming is almost impossible in this so called GAMING PHONE. I bought ROG 2 mainly for PUBG and experience was excellent untill I upgraded to A10. Earlier there were no frame drops or lag after prolonged gaming sessions. But now when I am playing first TDM of the day to warm up, the frame drops are too much. I play competitive so I am pretty serious while playing Customs or scrims. And at certain time I reach the limit of frustration and just wish to smash the phone to the floor.

I don't care about security patches or android updates as this device is only for GAMING, what I only care is seamless gaming. It was a really bad decision to buy ROG 2. This might be my last ASUS mobile phone.

View post
IF PUBG is your only concern then you may downgrade to A9 until PUBG is better optimized for A10. I can't say for sure that A10 is the reason. This is my personal theory based on what I've read from users commenting on PUBG on different phones and android versions.
But to be honest, there are so many playing this game and there are both those with almost no issue (on A10) and those who experience the game as unplayable. What I can say is that we're talking to Tencent and we will do whatever we can from our side and they on theirs to improve everyone's experience.

AnayMaithil
Star I
Pubg game crash ho ja raha h