cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Issues in ROG phone 2 after 2 months usage

Apollofury
Rising Star II
Hi guys !
I got my ROG 2 among the first batch in India . It's currently running on android 9 , 1st October security patch ,kernel 4.14.83 .
some issues i am facing -

Screen freezes in the middle of gaming, especially while playing call of duty, the screen just freezes but i can still hear the audio and people chatting , i have to go back to home screen , clear the game from memory and restart it.
fingerprint scanner is really really slow , i have a 3.5 year lenovo phone whose finger print scanner is faster than ROG 2, second if an app has app lock and the screen times out when that app is open then the system UI crashes hen i open the phone lock using fingerprint scanner, i have to lock the screen and open again .
ear speaker crackles when on a phone call, this happens only when i am on a call, the speaker makes crackle noises .
The macro mode in the camera is probably one of the most difficult thing i have deal with in photography, it does not focus on the subject at all , i have struggle with various angles and distances to figure out when it wants to work.
Pocket mode is probably a useless feature on the phone as the phone has pocket dialed emergency services multiple times.
The screen brightness is a major issue , the lowest brightness setting can still act like a torch light in pitch dark places ( it's way too bright!) . The other strange thing i have noticed is when i step into direct sunlight the auto brightness sensor really struggles , the brightness incremental is so slow that i can basically see the brightness increases in sorta like step wise like flickering.
and last updates guys come on! i am not asking for android 10 but security updates or updates to fix simple bugs , anything at all ! one of my family member is using zenfone max M2 and it is running on December 5th update and i am using a premium phone released in 2019 that is running on android 9 october 1st update .
other than the above issues am really glad i bought this phone , it's a beast of phone and definitely a head turner in a crowd.
61 REPLIES 61

Apollofury
Rising Star II
1.nikhil.kr.sinha

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/14249/multiple-issues-in-rog-phone-2-after-2-months-usage

I have been facing all of the above. Specially problem no. 1, the phone is unplayable. Before it use to freeze and crash once every 3-4 games but after the Android 10 update the COD Mobile screen blacks out 2wice every game. It happens even though i play on medium settings. It's really frustrating and i have started regretting to buy Asus.

Please work with Tencent and fix this bug instead of playing blame game or rest assured you are loosing a lot of gamers. My friends having one + and they have smooth gaming experience.

View post
Hey man! For the record except for the call of duty issue everything else has got solved since I updated to Android 10 .
Also yes Call of duty has become more pathetic after updating to A10. But please don't bash Asus for it , I have proof that I have submitted to Call Of duty support group where I have recorded the same issue in Nubia red magic , samsung S10+ , Asus ROG 2 and the One plus 7T . This issue is not specific to any particular device and it is a result of the pathetic team at Activision and Android 10 compatibility issues with the game. It's not a blame game !
Yes there are anomaly devices where there are no issues and am sure you'll find an ROG2 user having no issues with COD but like I said it's an anomaly. All phones of all models are affected!

Is there any way to go back to Android 9 from from Android 10? Android 10 for ROG 2 is a nightmare for gamers

ApolloFury

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69366#Comment_69366

Hey man! For the record except for the call of duty issue everything else has got solved since I updated to Android 10 .

Also yes Call of duty has become more pathetic after updating to A10. But please don't bash Asus for it , I have proof that I have submitted to Call Of duty support group where I have recorded the same issue in Nubia red magic , samsung S10+ , Asus ROG 2 and the One plus 7T . This issue is not specific to any particular device and it is a result of the pathetic team at Activision and Android 10 compatibility issues with the game. It's not a blame game !

Yes there are anomaly devices where there are no issues and am sure you'll find an ROG2 user having no issues with COD but like I said it's an anomaly. All phones of all models are affected!

View post
It could be you're right or not. However if Activision and Android 10 compatibility is well known and so many complains have been raised. Some one should act on it.
My friend has one+ 7 and he never had any such problems

Apollofury
Rising Star II
1.nikhil.kr.sinha

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69378#Comment_69378

It could be you're right or not. However if Activision and Android 10 compatibility is well known and so many complains have been raised. Some one should act on it.

My friend has one+ 7 and he never had any such problems

View post
Call of duty support don't do shit about it , I mailed them all the proof and you know what their solution was ? Clear cache and reinstall and that's been their solution since the last 3.5 months !
And about One plus 7 possible like I said anomaly , we have a gamer group which consists of 2 ROG 2 phones , one Nubia red magic , one samsung S10+ and one old samsung phone ( I think it's J7 or something ) . Out of these the Samsung J7 works much better than all of our premium phones combined in running call of duty ! It. Crashes less , less frame drops etc etc .

Apollofury
Rising Star II
1.nikhil.kr.sinha

Is there any way to go back to Android 9 from from Android 10? Android 10 for ROG 2 is a nightmare for gamers

View post
There is thread on this forum where they have given specific instructions on how to downgrade to A9 , just search for it