chudez
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Looking for X407UA RAM and SSD upgrade info
Model: X407UA
Frequency of Occurrence: Sometimes
Reset OS: No

Hi. I am looking for information on compatible upgrades for my X407UA. I am planning to purchase - Kingston ValueRAM 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 Non-ECC CL17 SODIMM - Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s M.2 2280 but I am getting conflicting information on compatibility. For the memory, there are 2 slots: the first has the 4GB that came with the unit and the second slot is free. Can the second slot accommodate the 16GB DDR2 SODIMM? the Crucial upgrade scan tool indicates yes, but other sites seem to indicate only a max of 8GB is allowed. also, is the 500GB M.2 SATA compatible with the model? I plan to put the OS on this drive. My understanding is that the Windows 10 license is embedded in the BIOS and the new install with be activated automatically using the stored key. Is this correct? I'm trying to max out the upgrade since there is an ongoing sale right now... any info will be very much appreciated. THANKS 🙂
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
i seen the technical specifications of your main model , few models with supported processors can be added upto 16GB ( 8gb +8gb)
and low end models can be added 8GB ( 4GB +4GB ).
also M.2 ssd does not support , model numbers are not specified in the website .
moreover Crucial upgrade scan tool  scans by uisng main model only.
Take to the nearest asus service center ,, request him to open , see the M.2 Slot is there or not, without opening we cant say

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello chudez,
The maximum support of 1 slot is 8GB.
and your model supports M.2 2280 SATA3 SSD up to 256GB.
Thank you.