This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please new system update required for Asus ROG 2.

chhandama_hring
Star III
Since i updated to the latest adroid 10 version. I experienced a massive bugs in the systems while playing games, especially pubg mobile. I'll mention some of the problems i encounter on pubg mobile
1. Heavy fps drops when enemies/ opposing players are within visual range. And this causes the device to not being responding to my touches,its no more even close to responsiv as the asus company has claimed it to be. The screen literally freezes. Weapons cannot fire at all. Character cannot move in coordination to the touches i made on the screen.
2. Overheating.
3. Frequent game crash of every game i play.
I used to have a big trust on asus and even recommended it to most of my friends. But now, I'm ashamed. Even oneplus 6T performs easily better than rog phone 2 without even claiming to be a gaming phone. This is a huge failure of asus, inspite claiming to be the ultimate gaming phone. Don't tell me to try new setting. I have already tried literally everything i could.
51 REPLIES 51

chhandama_hring
Star III
rajput24

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18502/please-new-system-update-required-for-asus-rog-2

Dear all,

I'm also asus rog 2 user , after updating to android 10 ,I was also experiencing a lot of freezing in PUBG after a few research work I found that my friends one plus is also facing similar problems after updating it to android 10, then I decided to downgrade it to android 9, downgrading rog 2 is very easy .

Go to asus official website download the android 9 version( WW) if u r not in China, put that dump in main drive(root drive) of u rog phone 2, simply restart and it will be downgraded after few minutes and all ur problem solved .

But please take a backup of ur data as downgrading will surely delete ur all data .

It's not a asus's problem ,it's problem with android 10 .

Wait for sometime for android 10 to mature and then download,

Android 9 is way better than half-baked android 10.

Enjoy

View post
I have no intentions of trying this one out. My friend, to whom i suggested the rog phone 2 was also downgrading the android to the previous version. But he said that the device even lags more after downgrading to A9 from A10. I'm apprehensive that i might get the same results. If i get the same result, this phone will be of no use to me,be it in any way, since i use the phone for gaming purpose only and do not install any other things in the device.

chhandama_hring
Star III
rajput24

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18502/please-new-system-update-required-for-asus-rog-2

Dear all,

I'm also asus rog 2 user , after updating to android 10 ,I was also experiencing a lot of freezing in PUBG after a few research work I found that my friends one plus is also facing similar problems after updating it to android 10, then I decided to downgrade it to android 9, downgrading rog 2 is very easy .

Go to asus official website download the android 9 version( WW) if u r not in China, put that dump in main drive(root drive) of u rog phone 2, simply restart and it will be downgraded after few minutes and all ur problem solved .

But please take a backup of ur data as downgrading will surely delete ur all data .

It's not a asus's problem ,it's problem with android 10 .

Wait for sometime for android 10 to mature and then download,

Android 9 is way better than half-baked android 10.

Enjoy

View post
Also one more thing bro. To be honest, A9 wasn't problem free either on my device. Had a lot of issues with it, but the system bug that were there in A9 was so small as compared to A10, sometimes the touch screen was unresponsive too in A9. But somehow i manage to compensate with those issues. Why don't they just give us the update in the specific area that it's users are using the device for ; rather than the new rgb light settings, we don't use such things for playing games neither are they the reason why we purchase the phone. Those fancy things can always come in a later update.
Neither had they to release an update everytime a new andoid comes rolling out in other phones. Firstly, just optimize the software for perfect fit for the device and it's users, and only then release it.

Mamman
Star I
chhandama.hringngen

Since i updated to the latest adroid 10 version. I experienced a massive bugs in the systems while playing games, especially pubg mobile. I'll mention some of the problems i encounter on pubg mobile

1. Heavy fps drops when enemies/ opposing players are within visual range. And this causes the device to not being responding to my touches,its no more even close to responsiv as the asus company has claimed it to be. The screen literally freezes. Weapons cannot fire at all. Character cannot move in coordination to the touches i made on the screen.

2. Overheating.

3. Frequent game crash of every game i play.

I used to have a big trust on asus and even recommended it to most of my friends. But now, I'm ashamed. Even oneplus 6T performs easily better than rog phone 2 without even claiming to be a gaming phone. This is a huge failure of asus, inspite claiming to be the ultimate gaming phone. Don't tell me to try new setting. I have already tried literally everything i could.

Please new system update required for Asus ROG 2.
So true. I thought I was the only one with these problems. Also, It's not just for PUBG or COD, it's for every game. I've been having issues in Marvel Super War and Future Fight.
The worst thing is, there's so many bugs in just general usage, and SO MUCH STUTTERING, and if I had to deal with that I wouldn't buy the "Most powerful phone" on the market. It's really annoying and making me regret my purchase.

Apollofury
Rising Star II
souviklaha25

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52261#Comment_52261

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52288#Comment_52288

My friend is playing on poco F1 bt there is no problem at all stop blaming Tencent ..even Rog can't perform better than oppo...

View post
I don't know about your Poco phone but I am Using Nubia red magic , samsung S10+ and rog 2 and theproblem Exists on all devices. If you were so impressed with Poco why don't you buy that ? Sell your ROG and buy it no one is forcing you to use it .
I don't have any issues if you have complaints or suggestions just don't bash a brand. I was one of the first people to report the Call of duty issue and frames drop issue you can ask Anders , yes there are some optimization issues from Asus side but it's not all their fault ! Out of 100 games 99 are working fine ! . I have been in contact with call of duty support group since last 3.5 months regarding this issue and their answers and response is 100 times worse than what Asus developers on this forum are doing .
One thing is for sure as the person who started the Call of duty problem thread on Asus forum I can confirm that the issue is not isolated to the ROG but to almost all phones of all brands . Your Poco might the exception in the world .

Apollofury
Rising Star II
souviklaha25

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52261#Comment_52261

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52288#Comment_52288

My friend is playing on poco F1 bt there is no problem at all stop blaming Tencent ..even Rog can't perform better than oppo...

View post

ApolloFury

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69178#Comment_69178

I don't know about your Poco phone but I am Using Nubia red magic , samsung S10+ and rog 2 and theproblem Exists on all devices. If you were so impressed with Poco why don't you buy that ? Sell your ROG and buy it no one is forcing you to use it .

I don't have any issues if you have complaints or suggestions just don't bash a brand. I was one of the first people to report the Call of duty issue and frames drop issue you can ask Anders , yes there are some optimization issues from Asus side but it's not all their fault ! Out of 100 games 99 are working fine ! . I have been in contact with call of duty support group since last 3.5 months regarding this issue and their answers and response is 100 times worse than what Asus developers on this forum are doing .

One thing is for sure as the person who started the Call of duty problem thread on Asus forum I can confirm that the issue is not isolated to the ROG but to almost all phones of all brands . Your Poco might the exception in the world .

View post
Sorry man I hope you didn't get offended , it's just so many people are insulting ROG and Asus developers it's really heartbreaking . No phone is perfect and am not asking to cut them slack but atleast don't insult them, create threads record more data give suggestions,observations and complaints just no insults cause The ROG 2 is still a groundbreaking gaming phone if not at the least an awesome smartphone!