This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please new system update required for Asus ROG 2.

chhandama_hring
Star III
Since i updated to the latest adroid 10 version. I experienced a massive bugs in the systems while playing games, especially pubg mobile. I'll mention some of the problems i encounter on pubg mobile
1. Heavy fps drops when enemies/ opposing players are within visual range. And this causes the device to not being responding to my touches,its no more even close to responsiv as the asus company has claimed it to be. The screen literally freezes. Weapons cannot fire at all. Character cannot move in coordination to the touches i made on the screen.
2. Overheating.
3. Frequent game crash of every game i play.
I used to have a big trust on asus and even recommended it to most of my friends. But now, I'm ashamed. Even oneplus 6T performs easily better than rog phone 2 without even claiming to be a gaming phone. This is a huge failure of asus, inspite claiming to be the ultimate gaming phone. Don't tell me to try new setting. I have already tried literally everything i could.
51 REPLIES 51

Nkz
Star I
souviklaha25

Worst update ever even I have to play cod mobile on low settings and low fps...lol..low settings on 40 k rs phone.. although it crashes after 4 multiplayer matches..even in low settings..the best gaming phone ever???..I ll sell it and buy OnePlus..atleast they r user friendly

View post
The COD is not a stable game and same issues have been faced by multiple users over multiple different versions of android. Its not the rog phone causing these issues.

chhandama_hring
Star III
souviklaha25

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52261#Comment_52261

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/52288#Comment_52288

My friend is playing on poco F1 bt there is no problem at all stop blaming Tencent ..even Rog can't perform better than oppo...

View post
Same here. These days im back on my poco f1. Don't know how to resolve all these bugs. I just can't dealt with all these bug all game long.

chhandama_hring
Star III
muraleekrishna777

Did anyone observe that fingerprint scanner results to blink screen in grain pattern, and also on 120 hz screen the fingerprint scanner works bad. And at lockscreen also if the screen is 120 hz it takes a bit long to recognise fingerprint. Also the screen blinks for a while while opening any app (you couldn't observe if it's dark theme , try checking it on light theme . Put the screen ref.rate to 120 hz and open an app wait for fingerprint scanner you'll surely find it)

Does anyone play fortnite ? You can check the temperature raises minimum to 47° to 52°. Also battery drains like 1% per minute (approx) on medium settings.

Hope asus can focus on these issues soon . As users need them to be fixed asap ✌️

View post
Yup. But i don't mention in the discussion topic since my sole concern was in the gaming section of the device performance. The 240Hz touch response function doesn't seem to have no affect at all.

chhandama_hring
Star III
Gaurav ROGII

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/18502/please-new-system-update-required-for-asus-rog-2

Help please, I play customs in pubg mobile daily on my rog 2, but each and every game just goes worst due to the frequent frame drops, my phone just goes to 38 degrees in less than 5 mins. Help pleasee:(

View post
Yeah. That's the same problem i get here bro. Playing competitive games are hard as f**k on this laggy device. I turned out to be a noob in the game using this device. Hope Asus will be responsive to the needs of its users. That's the best we can hope for now. I'm literally crying over my decision.

Shashang
Star I
The COD game crashes are found on ny friends OnePlus also so that part is COD problem. As for the refresh rate during gaming, you dont need to toggle for every game, in armory crate you can set the refresh rate for each game. As for the performance problems, I dont get any of those even though i never even use X node and use nax settings for COD. Never felt my phone getting hot even after update. People install all the application from play store which will be eating your RAM and reducing performance. People complain of samsung galaxy note 10 also. Learn to optimize ur app install and you can kill an app if not running in developer options. Every now and then google announces apps which are dangerous and snoop oyou. Delete such apps and phone should be fine.