This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing forced circles on icons on the ZenUI launcher

guifisilva
Star III
Hello! I strongly dislike how every icon is forced to be round/circled on the default pack.
I kinda like how each app can set their own icon and display it as a square or a standalone icon and I'd like to keep it this way if possible.
Unfortunately the only way to change the rounded appearance is to download another icon pack that doesn't force rounded borders and use it instead of the "ASUS UI" icon pack. But I want the default view...
Here's what I mean:
H17FBXXCRRWX.jpg
I installed an Icon pack and if an icon isn't specified (Netflix's FAST speed test and Flow Free in this case) it will display the default one, without forcing a circled enclosure. Firefox, Feedly and Google Pictures are customized but aren't inside a circle.
Of course I couldn't find a "Custom Default Icon Pack" because it's illogical... Even though it's exactly what I need.
Does anyone know a way to fix this that doesn't involve installing another launcher?
10 REPLIES 10

guifisilva
Star III
No one?
I even looked at the developer options and I can't change icon shapes, it looks like this was removed from Android Pie to 10. 😞

_jis_
Zen Master III
I'm just curious: Why are you refusing to install a third-party launcher when e.g. Nova is definitely better than pre-installed and and gives you complete freedom? I always install it on all my phones, regardless of brand, making me always at home, regardless of Android skin.

gilraldi
Star III
_jis_

I'm just curious: Why are you refusing to install a third-party launcher when e.g. Nova is definitely better than pre-installed and and gives you complete freedom? I always install it on all my phones, regardless of brand, making me always at home, regardless of Android skin.

View post
I like using the gesture navigation, i am used to using iphone so using the gesture navigation is just better for me

_jis_
Zen Master III
gilraldi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/69265#Comment_69265

I like using the gesture navigation, i am used to using iphone so using the gesture navigation is just better for me

View post
Ok, I understand, but there is no problem with that, I am using third party FNG which is much better than built-in GN.
Try it and you'll never look back 🙂