Did you mean: 

Unable to receive OTA Update.any idea??

hemangpatel2430
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
  1. Model Name: Asus 6Z(ZS630KL)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_16.1210.1904.116_0
  3. Rooted or not: No.
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Tried Multiple times.
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OTA Update
netyz941tavh.jpglcfzb1lq9508.jpgIn addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=======================================
Hey guys, I Just Bought the 6+128GB variant of 6Z.i am used the device from atleast 6 Hours since i turned on from first time.but my device is Unable to detect an OTA update.it is stuck on that 1904.116,which is what i seen when i first switched on my device.i tried many times clicking on that check now button.every 30 minutes to see if it receives.tried with wifi and mobile data turned on.but no result.and yeah i already tried cleaning data of FOTA app from all apps.but it is not receiving updates.
 So,any idea guys,how to fix this thing.loved the device,but stuck on this.any help will be much appreciated.Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

KB007
Star III
Which one (update) and there is two updates already.... from which website actually  u download the file.... 

hemangpatel2430
Star II
KB007 said:
Which one (update) and there is two updates already.... from which website actually  u download the file.... 
  Just as you do Talk to consumer care,i do the same thing.i do a chat with them via my asus app,and they told me there is 2 more updates is available for our devices,but due to server tendancy issues from their side our device unable to recognize those 2 updates.what they told me that for this issue just manually apply those 2 updates one after onther.and they also assured me that this server issue is temporary and will be fix in some time,but instead of waiting,just manualy update your device.

hemangpatel2430
Star II
So,i manually update my device,device runs smooth,no issues till now.mentioned features in firmware is also working.
 I can help you just follow this steps,and manuaaly update your device.
https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/ASUS-6z/HelpDesk_Download/
Here this is Asus india Zenfone 6z support link,you can download firmwares from here.(first download the Blue one and after it is done,then download the red one,see the image i attached for your reference)
Update process is simple,just download these firmwares in your PC.when download is done,conncet your device via type C to USB cable to your PC,then copy the Blue one which is 1904.133(RAR File) to your device internal memory.and then detach your type C cable from your device,you will get a notification of system update,click on it and let it finished 100%,one its done it will ask you to restart your device,so restart it.and you are updated to 1904.133 firmware.
 Do the Same Process for Red one which is the latest one named 1906.156.and your device is now fully updated just like mine.
 I hope you Understand the process,and yeah one more thing,DO NOT SKIP FIRMWARE,IT MAY CAUSE YOUR DEVICE IN BIG WAY IN TERMS OF RECOGNIZING FUTURE OTA UPDATES.as i said first download the Blue one update it,and then go to red one step by step easy.
 Hope i Helped you Easy & Efficiently,let me know if you had and questions regarding the process.bye.... 😃
Image_ https___us.v-cdn.net_6031231_uploads_editor_7l_z051t2sftcwe.jpg

KB007
Star III
Ok and both are different updates but with wrong description 

hemangpatel2430
Star II
Only 1906.156 only description is written wrong,features are there as mentioned in release notes in zentalk forum.other one which is 1904.133,that info is spot on as posted on zentalk.