This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call quality on Asus Zenfone 6z (Zenfone 6)

mihirpmehta
Star II
When I receive call from my Asus Zenfone 6z I am constantly hearing noise and distorted voice anyone facing the same issue ?
110 REPLIES 110

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Please update to the latest FW released this week. We've made some small adjustments to the earpiece.
If your phone can't find the update when hitting the "Check now" button, then please download it manually from our homepage. I hope you will find the earpiece clarity acceptable after this update.

shivareddy456
Star I
Hi Anders_ASUS, can you please provide the link to download the fix for earpiece call quality issue. I tried to search in homepage with 'earpiece', all i get is asus zenfone 5 fix..let me know if that can be applied

Regards

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III

shivareddy456
Star I
Thank you Anders_ASUS, I have upgraded to latest firmware manually. However, the ear piece call quality issue still exists when I keep the volume at full. If decrease volume to somewhere around half, the ear piece works fine. That said, low volumes will not be helpful outdoor. Not sure how and why Asus Quality check team missed this basic call functionality.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
@shivareddy456 Some have reported that their sound improves at high volume when they put their finger on the camera module. Does this happen to you? The sound quality doesn't change on my test unit no matter if I keep my finger on it or not, but maybe it does on some units. That would explain why you think it isn't acceptable if you can hear a difference. It's never going to sound great because we didn't have much room to work with. The earpiece is located inside the camera module but it should sound acceptable and in line with the quality you get from most phones.