This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sliding two fingers on the screen causes jitter.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Rooted: No
APP Name: All applications that require two simultaneous touches to control.
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: Tested on several.
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time the user uses two fingers on the screen.

Hello, folks. I bought my Zenfone 5Z (4GB/64GB) recently, specifically to play some games that other devices that were within my budget wouldn't be able to handle. But I'm disappointed with a detail that, although it looks small, makes a huge difference to the gaming experience. Every time a game requires two fingers to control (usually first-person and third-person shooting games), the touch sensitivity doesn't allow me the precision I need for such games. I slide my left thumb on the left side of the screen to control the movement and my right thumb on the right side of the screen to control the aim, as the game requires. The problem appears when I try to aim while running. What you don't notice when you slide your fingers quickly, when I slide slowly (for greater accuracy) the screen doesn't respond as it should, generating a jittery stutter. To test more thoroughly, I downloaded the MultiTouch Tester app from Google Play. During the tests I was able to see that the problem happens when - specifically - two fingers are used. Not with one, not with three or more. I'm in the stable version of Android 10 that I downloaded from the official Asus website in my country. I was only able to update my device this way, since when it arrived (with Android 😎 I couldn't find firmware updates available. Anyway, I found this problem even when I was using the Android version that came from the factory on the device. Thanks in advance!
63 REPLIES 63

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
jochman84 posted on 2020/3/25 05:01 Hi guys. Any update from support team?
I don't even know if they are really testing it. This was not fixed since Android 8. Maybe it's a hardware issue or quality problem.

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Jei_ASUS posted on 2020/3/6 04:27 Hi all, Sorry for our late reply.
Any news on what was causing the problem? Or when we'll have the next firmware released...? Please, Jei. Update us.

jochman84
Star I
Device update is out. Another small chance, that it will be fixed. https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-303907-1-1.html

BrunoF20
Zen Master I
Last edited by Bruno~xD on 2020/3/30 10:20
jochman84 posted on 2020/3/30 09:08 Device update is out. Another small chance, that it will be fixed.
Hey, guy, thanks for remembering us. I will try it, verifying the panel version, as it gets on the support website or rolled in my FOTA region. I will edit this reply with results.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi Bruno~xD, This issue is under investigation. Thanks for your patience.