falko_greiss
Star I
Model: Zenbool Pro duo (i9)
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No
Description: Monitor bug with external Monitor after shutdown
Battery or AC: AC
System: Windows 10

Hi everyone, i have the problem, if i connected a Monitor over the HDMI port. Its works fine in first step. But when i shutdown the notebook over night and next morning i try to start, then the Internal and external Monitors are black. The LED from the Powerbutton are on but no reaction. Then i must hold the Powerbutton for 20 seconds or so, the the Notebook reboot and the Monitors are working again. I have this Problem every day. Drivers and Bios are up to date. greetings
4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Monitors are used intel graphics driver. So go to normal mode with internal monitor. Update the driver from intel website. Dch based whql needed version 7870. Make sure all other drivers also Dch based whql driver. Remove the installed standard driver completely before UPDATING to dch based. Make sure your laptop should work internal monitor, it should have two re-starts. After that you can use two monitors

falko_greiss
Star I
RAJU2529 posted on 2020/3/20 06:55 Monitors are used intel graphics driver. So go to normal mode with internal monitor. Update the dri ...
Hi RAJU2529, all drivers are up to date. Greetings

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello falko.greiss, May I know what kind of external monitor are you using? And if you disconnect the monitor before turning off, will the device able to boot succuessfully? Thank you.

kimmo_remes
Star I
falko.greiss

RAJU2529 posted on 2020/3/20 06:55

Monitors are used intel graphics driver. So go to normal mode with internal monitor.

Update the dri ...

Hi RAJU2529,

all drivers are up to date.

Greetings
View post
Same problem here. Did what falko.greiss told and got picture also to my external SAMSUNG monitor C27RG5. Bit awkward, because SURFACE pro 6 is working just fine in both hdmi ports with similar high end hdmi cable. Now it probablyworks just fine rest of the evening but next morning... same happens again.