TitanZen
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Link to MyAsus not present
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/202003/08/180214p8w0tne8hte291w0.png

So after getting all the updates and doing a rest on this pc before actually putting it to heavy use the link to my asus dissapeared. I tired to manually install the updated apps but I would get a message saying my device does not support this. I find it odd because I saw it breifly then it was gone. Anyone know any information on this?
26 REPLIES 26

mishha007
Star I
junaidmahmood12345 posted on 2020/3/19 16:43 I am using 2.2.14.0, link to myasus works for me, maybe try updating or reinstalling myASUS.
I did it many times... It worked before I made reset

Liviu
Rising Star II
There are other dependencies that the ASUS team didn't mention yet. Once you reset the OS to factory settings, it brakes those dependencies.

TitanZen
Star II
Gave it one more shot at 2.2.14 install still nothing. Did get a message "ASUS System Control Interface driver of your machine cannot support the link to MyASUS function"

Liviu
Rising Star II
I Just bought another UX581GV for my sister, and on that laptop, the option is there as it was on mine when I first bought it. So, yes, there is something to do with the reset to the factory settings option that brakes it.

Junaid_Mahmood
Star II
I did a factory reset of my laptop on January, and installed the latest version 2.2.14.0 this month, I have the link to myASUS, so I would say it is an installation/software issue, maybe try all windows updates, drivers etc.