Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Media won't play in Car

APP Name: Bluetooth
Rooted: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Model: ZE620KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: Unknown

Hello I recently changed cars and some troubles have arised with media playback. Bluetooth connection works fine and calls are received and heard but it won't even let me select the media option for Bluetooth in the car, the only workaround is that the phone is connected with Android Auto active this lets me both hear calls and listen to media playback, I did the test with a Zenfone 5 lite and it connects to Bluetooth with media playback with no issue I've also cleared the cache of Bluetooth to no avail Currently on Android 10 Has somebody had a similar issue, if so where you able to fix it?
6 REPLIES 6

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi armando.gonzalez.rh, Please provide your firmware version: Settings > System > About Phone > Software information Please tell us the brand and model of your car. Do you mean your previous car can work normally? What is the brand and model of it? "it won't even let me select the media option for Bluetooth in the car" > Do you have a picture of the error message? Do you mean the media doesn't work when connecting with your car's stereo, but works when connecting via Android Auto? Please help us confirm if possible. Thank you 🙂

Last edited by armando.gonzalez.rh on 2020/3/19 10:46 Hello and thank you for replying, attached you can find the firmware details The car is a Suzuki Vitara 2020 It doesn't display an error message in the stereo, the button in the touch screen for Bluetooth media is pressed but doesn't enter the menu (with another Asus Phone it does this without issue) Bluetooth Media is able to be played via a wired USB connection and launching Android Auto

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
armando.gonzalez.rh posted on 2020/3/20 02:45 Hello and thank you for replying, attached you can find the firmware details The car is a Suzuki Vit ...
Hi armando.gonzalez.rh, Thanks for your reply. Is calling function normal when your phone connects with your car via Bluetooth? with another Asus Phone it does this without issue > Could you tell us which ZenFone model and which firmware version? Thank you 🙂

Last edited by armando.gonzalez.rh on 2020/3/22 12:38 Yes calling function is normal when connected with Bluetooth It's a Zenfone 5 Lite